Main Forums > The Roundtable

Looking for some handgun guidance

<< < (2/12) > >>

MechAg94:
I would vote for the P365, P365XL, or S&W Shield plus.  Depends on preference perhaps. 

I assume that you carried a snubby because it was small and easy to carry.  IMO, the P365 is the smallest of the bunch and it still fairly easy to shoot.  I figure it fits all the reasons you carried a small revolver in the first place.  I was gravitating to larger pistols, but snapped back to my P365 as it is just small, thin, and easy to carry.  I have to think less about what shirt I am wearing.  The Shield plus grip is just a little larger which might fit your preferences.  It will take up more space on the belt IMO.

P365 has lots of magazine sizes available up to 15 rounds or more (17 now).  You can swap out the grip module and just about every other part of the gun with Sig or 3rd party parts.  Just about everyone makes a holster for it. 

MechAg94:
I have the P365XL also, but I don't have great holster for it with the red dot mounted. 

Kingcreek:
My wife likes her glock 43. I carry an itty bitty Kahr pm9 but it’s become a has been in the market.
Lots of compact 9mm options out there. Springfield hellcat, S&W, etc

MillCreek:
Sign me up next to Brad as a fan of the LC/EC-9s pistols. I have a LC-9s for carry in business clothes and a EC-9 s that lives permanently in my bicycle handlebar bag and another EC-9s that lives permanently in my motorcycle handlebar bag. Note that Washington state now bans any magazines over 10 rounds.

230RN:
My EDC is also a Smith J-frame with laser sight in a pocket with no holster.  Just looks like a buncha junk in there, no "printing" at all.  Extra speedloader for five more rounds in other pocket.  But I figure if I need more than five rounds,  the problem is bigger than a J-Frame anyway,  My heavy artillery has gone down as my years go up and I still occasionally carry a Kahr CW 9  with a spare magazine.  Used to carry a 1911 --in winter, no problem.

In summer, for a while for some reason Hawaiian shirts were frequently seen in Denver and I took advantage of that for concealment.  Then I found out that some group of them paranoid right-winger deplorables favored Hawaiian shirts and I quit that.  I guess that fad has waned by now.

Carried a Llama .380 for a while.

I kind of figure the shorty barrel J-frame with +Ps can make more noise than a July 4th aerial salute and that alone ought to offer some discouragement.

And when I worry a bit about the "inadequacy" of the .38 I think of the one-shot at Lee Harvey Oswald and all the damage that .38 slug did in there.

Terry, 230RN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version