Author Topic: Madness? THIS! IS! ZION!  (Read 2011 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Madness? THIS! IS! ZION!
« on: June 27, 2011, 06:33:45 AM »
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Press-Release--Tax-Freedom-Day-2011-for-Israel-June-29.html?soid=1101321478681&aid=1s-rB8ctIT0

Tax Freedom Day (TFD) marks the day when on average Israelis stop working for the government, and start earning money for private consumption (or savings).
This year Israelis will only be able to celebrate TFD on June 29, 7 days later than in 2010. In 2011, Israelis will work 182 days for the government and 183 days for themselves.

I... don't have words.

Read the whole thing. Read it and praise the Lord that you are Americans.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Madness? THIS! IS! ZION!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »
Read the whole thing. Read it and praise the Lord that you are Americans.

I would, except I think we're only a couple of months behind you in this.  =(
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:15:18 AM »
I would, except I think we're only a couple of months behind you in this.  =(

I call BS. There are so many hidden taxes its impossible to count.  I'd bet we're on par with Isreal.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »
July 10th here =(. Used to be 10th of August when the Social Democrats ruled =|. So, improvement I guess, in the way of "hey, this time I only shot myself in the foot with a .22 rather than a 12 gauge..."
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »
Tax freedom day in the US is April 12th this year. That doesn't take into account property taxes, though, which for many people are as much as or even more than federal taxes. Take into account sales taxes, excise taxes, corporate taxes (passed along to the consumer, and US corporations pay more than most countries), and other taxes, and our real tax freedom day is probably sometime in June.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »
I tried figuring my own personal tax burden . . . I pay more in tax than I do on food, clothing, shelter, and transportation combined.

And liberals say that's still not enough.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
It's 3rd of June in Slovakia. But we don't have property taxes(they exist, but are negligible. Couple of $ per year), university tuition is free.. (though most universities suck. One or two is decent.).
Students can study for free in Czech Republic too. Enterprising one can pay for room and board by working part time..
so you can complete university, no matter how poor your family is, and never get more than a few beers in debt.

and US corporations pay more than most countries),
Not true. They usually dodge the taxes. Google pays 3-5% overseas and 22% in the US. General Motors hasn't paid taxes in decades, I hear. Etc.

http://academic.udayton.edu/clarakim/inequality/articles/6-economic/corporate_tax_evasion.htm

If business is not supposed about ethics, and businesses shouldn't pay back for services rendered to them by state, such as crime prevention, infrastructure, etc... then it's no wonder that between that and wasteful corporate welfare programs and general welfare spending.. the US is going bankrupt.

Fortunately, situation will adjust eventually. Unsustainable systems fail and get replaced. It just won't be pleasant for everyone but the very rich ones, I guess..

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »

Not true. They usually dodge the taxes. Google pays 3-5% overseas and 22% in the US. General Motors hasn't paid taxes in decades, I hear. Etc.

Only corporations and sectors rich enough to buy congressmen dodge taxes.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.