Author Topic: Kids who do not like foreign food might be racist  (Read 10588 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Kids who do not like foreign food might be racist
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:33:28 AM »
This is a little over the top.  Many kids are picky eaters and have to be coaxed to try something they are not used to. 

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=upiUPI-20080707-122008-1071&show_article=1

Claim: Kids who say 'yuck' may be racist     
Jul 7 12:42 PM US/Eastern

Write a Comment                         
LONDON, July 7 (UPI) -- Toddlers who say "yuck" when given flavorful foreign food may be exhibiting racist behavior, a British government-sponsored organization says.

The London-based National Children's Bureau released a 366-page guide counseling adults on recognizing racist behavior in young children, The Telegraph reported Monday.

The guide, titled Young Children and Racial Justice, warns adults that babies must also be included in the effort to eliminate racism because they have the ability to "recognize different people in their lives."

The bureau says to be aware of children who "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuck'."

"Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships," the guide says.

Staff members are advised not to ignore racist actions and to condemn them when they occur.

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Kids who do not like foreign food might be racist
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:36:04 AM »
So when they pull all the topping off pizza and eat the bread, they must be anti-Italian?

When they won't eat their rice, they must hate Asians?

Who are these people, and how do they figure out how to breathe? Just more @#$%! stupid White Guilt.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:39:58 AM »
Holy crap.

I now accept that we are in the beginning throes of end times.

Maybe the kids don't like it, not because their racist, but because it tastes like something scraped from around a camel's ass?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:34 AM »
Holy crap.

I now accept that we are in the beginning throes of end times.

Maybe the kids don't like it, not because their racist, but because it tastes like something scraped from around a camel's ass?

Thankfully, at least, this is the UK. They're serving as our warning.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:58 AM »
I always wonder what our resident UK posters think of these things.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »

I would imagine much the same as they feel when a homeowner there is arrested for pushing a home invader back out a window, because the burglar was hurt.

Or now that the gangs of London are stabbing the hell out of each other and everyone else, talk of banning knives. So they'll go to cricket bats, next. And then bricks.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:01:42 AM »

Not a lot. Think tanks and NGO's publish all sorts of stuff all the time. The media picks up on some of it and makes an issue of it. At another time this could well have easily pass unnoticed into press release obscurity.

Fact is, some kids do reject food for cultural reasons, if not racist ones. Others though have been raised on a steady diet of chips and fish fingers and won't eat anything else, that's still a cultural thing though, it's '2 for £1 at Iceland' culture.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »

Not a lot. Think tanks and NGO's publish all sorts of stuff all the time. The media picks up on some of it and makes an issue of it. At another time this could well have easily pass unnoticed into press release obscurity.

Fact is, some kids do reject food for cultural reasons, if not racist ones. Others though have been raised on a steady diet of chips and fish fingers and won't eat anything else, that's still a cultural thing though, it's '2 for £1 at Iceland' culture.

I believe the equivalent here is Kraft Mac and Cheese and McDonalds.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 10:36:38 AM »

I believe the equivalent here is Kraft Mac and Cheese and McDonalds.

Kraft Mac and Cheese is like white American guy soul food!  Similar to a grilled cheese and tomato soup.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:42:02 AM »
Okay then, Muslims that won't eat pork for religious are racist also by this defintion in the article.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
Okay then, Muslims that won't eat pork for religious are racist also by this defintion in the article.

Only white European and American Christians can be "racist", you know that.  Tongue Wink

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
"Fact is, some kids do reject food for cultural reasons, if not racist ones."

I have no doubt about that.

However, the article is talking about TODDLERS.

Unless the British definition of toddler has been expanded to include kids up to 10 years old, we're talking about kids roughly what, 12 to 36 months?

I find it virtually impossible to believe for a frigging moment that a child that young can be considered to be racist simply because they find a new food to be unpalatable for some reason.

Then we have this gem of a pile of bullcrap...

"The guide, titled Young Children and Racial Justice, warns adults that babies must also be included in the effort to eliminate racism because they have the ability to "recognize different people in their lives."

Gee, children can recognize different people in their lives?

Of course they can! They recognize Mom, who looks and smells a LOT different than Dad, and both of them look and smell a LOT different from the stranger down the street, and not all kids react to strangers in positive ways.

Is a negative reaction to a stranger an immediat indication that the parents have a raging white power racist Final Solution advocate on their hands, one who will be responsible for millions of deaths in a spasm of ethnic cleansing 30 years down the road? Apparently this "think tank" believes so.

But, what if Timmy the little white Toddler reacts negatively to a white stranger? (substitute any race/color you want, as long as they're the same)

Just where are we then?

Are we going to see a new report come popping out of this group saying "Parents need to guard against psychocentric recursive racism, in which young children become self hating and reject all aspects of their own culture and race."

Incredible.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »
If I refuse to eat syrup, am I racist toward New Hampshirians? grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 11:08:02 AM »

You hater you.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 11:12:06 AM »
Actually I just hate Souter.  Manewolf, not so much.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »
I edited that post a bit before I posted it, and deleted a sentence I meant to keep in indicating that I was referring to older kids and that any idea that toddlers reject food for racist reasons is, to use your fragrant phrase, a pile of bullcrap.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »
Actually I just hate Souter.  Manewolf, not so much.

We hate him too. Someone tried to take over his house as eminent domain and knock it down to built a cafe called "Just Desserts".  grin

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 11:24:27 AM »

ahem.

Motion to ban this racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-American, what next, you like the Yankees....oh wait, wrong thread.....sorry....
One day at a time.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 11:32:13 AM »
Kids learn to be racists from their parents and the other adults in their lives.  They aren't born that way. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »
I grew up on real Texas Mexican food, and black-eyed peas and cornbread.  So I'm pretty well diversified Wink

Actually, being of mostly Celtic ancestry, I'm racist against all those Anglo-Teutonics Tongue
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »
I was always a picky eater as a kid and am still fairly picky now.  I guess I am a huge racist and didn't even know it.  Thank you for posting this article and opening my eyes.  I'll have to go find a support group of apparently similarly afflicted people like the KKK.   laugh rolleyes
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 11:52:29 AM »
Kids learn to be racists from their parents and the other adults in their lives.  They aren't born that way. 

No, not quite.

There is some degree of instinctual racism built into the human creature. It's an early defensive mechanism.

We recognize individuals who are similar to us as potentially friendly, while individuals who are very different from us (and not just skin color, but also physical attributes) are seen as potential threats.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 11:55:05 AM »
I grew up on real Texas Mexican food, and black-eyed peas and cornbread.  So I'm pretty well diversified Wink

Actually, being of mostly Celtic ancestry, I'm racist against all those Anglo-Teutonics Tongue

You don't like me, because my heritage?  undecided

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 01:34:42 PM »
"Actually, being of mostly Celtic ancestry, I'm racist against all those Anglo-Teutonics Tongue

You don't like me, because my heritage?"

YOU'RE BOTH THE SAME DAMNED RACE!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 02:07:48 PM »
Mostly I'm racist against people with no sense of humor  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin