Author Topic: Mexico angered by decision to increase security at border.  (Read 10542 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Mexico angered by decision to increase security at border.
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2006, 08:57:29 AM »
My compuer can process millions of bytes of information.  Doesn't make your comments any more valid.

It would be easy to destroy incentives to come here.  Raise taxes 300% on everything.  It would wreck the economy but would sure send them wetbacks back where they belong.  Or we could just take a certain keyboard kommando's suggestion and nuke them all.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2006, 09:56:21 AM »
Rabbi;

Who died and made you the final arbiter of who's comments are valid/invalid?    

Dismissiveness towards those who don't share your position seems to be a common tactic in your debating style.

Not a "polite" trait.  More in keeping with DU.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2006, 10:02:47 AM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
My compuer can process millions of bytes of information.  Doesn't make your comments any more valid. It would be easy to destroy incentives to come here.  Raise taxes 300% on everything.  It would wreck the economy but would sure send them wetbacks back where they belong.  Or we could just take a certain keyboard kommando's suggestion and nuke them all.
It is statements like that that make you look really silly. Hehehehe.

1) It is beyond obvious that we do not need to destroy our economy to get rid of illegals
2) Hating your ideological opponents interferes with your judgment and the quality of your arguments
3) Believe it or not, it is the presence of illegals that will invariably increase taxes for the rest of us
4) Outrageous unsubstantiated statements do not fool anybody, even if they give a temporary release to your resentment
5) It is undeniable that many illegals leave of their own accord on their own money. A series of mild measures when combined can incentivise the most of the rest to do the same, as well outlined in other threads
6) Your self-immolation is mildly pleasing to my rational self Smiley

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2006, 10:04:43 AM »
Quote from: Moondoggie
Dismissiveness towards those who don't share your position seems to be a common tactic in your debating style.
I am forced to concur.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2006, 10:11:36 AM »
Quote from: Moondoggie
Rabbi;

Who died and made you the final arbiter of who's comments are valid/invalid?    

Not a "polite" trait.  More in keeping with DU.
Do you think that comparing immigration to a throat infection is a valid comparison?  Do you not think it is the dumbest most unreasonable 'argument" ever made on the internet?
And who claimed I was the final arbiter?  Do I not have a right to an opinion here, or is that reserved for people who think nuking half the world's population is a good idea?

You're just sore because you posted a bunch of unsubstantianted emotional goo about the US turning into Somalia and I called you on it.  I'm still waiting to see how the two situations are remotely comparable.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2006, 10:24:29 AM »
Do you think that comparing immigration to a throat infection is a valid comparison?
Come on, you invest, you must be smarter than that.

What richyoung was saying was that just because there are millions of illegals does not mean all measures to curb them should be suspended, just as having millions of bacteria does not mean all measures, e.g. antibiotics, should be suspended as well. Did anybody else fail to get that?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2006, 11:31:42 AM »
Rabbi, the constant allusions to things said in another thread is not helping you win any arguments, especially when you lie about what was said.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2006, 11:54:30 AM »
Just because a problem is big, and hard, doesn't mean we should through up our hands and do NOTHING about it - in fact, thats an argument for vigorously persuing ALL applicable remedies.

Say there's 15 million illegals.  There are versions of 747s that hold over 500 passengers.  Buses easily hold 50 people.  Ten airplanes and 100 buses can move 10,000 people in one round trip.

Twenty round trips a month would move 200,000.

A little over 2 years would move 5 MILLION.

They could ALL be back home in just 6 years!

10 planes.  100 buses.  Six years.

All thats missing is the will...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2006, 01:25:05 PM »
Quote from: CAnnoneer
Do you think that comparing immigration to a throat infection is a valid comparison?
Come on, you invest, you must be smarter than that.

What richyoung was saying was that just because there are millions of illegals does not mean all measures to curb them should be suspended, just as having millions of bacteria does not mean all measures, e.g. antibiotics, should be suspended as well. Did anybody else fail to get that?
No.  What he was saying was that there are millions of illegals and his throat had millions of bacteria.  I added that my computer can process millions of bytes.  I'll add here that there are millions of species of insects.  It adds up to nothing but nonsense.
Your interpretation is even more nonsensical.  Suspending a measure that will clearly not work, and has clearly not worked, makes perfect sense.
The immigration issue has been around a long time.  I remember well the last time it came up and the result was the Something-Mazzoli Bill (I think 1984).  It provided for this and that and enhanced enforcement and yadda yadda yadda.  And it didnt fix the problem.  Spending on border security and INS etc has grown tremendously.  It hasnt stopped the problem.  Logic suggests that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity.
Again, no one has addressed the issue I raised that clamping down on illegals is impossible without clamping down on the rest of us.  Forget that tidbit?  What makes you think national IDs would not be around the corner?  Immigration does not affect "the other guy."
Rich Young fails to calculate the cost to move all those people over 6 years.  And the fact that fully half of them will return.  And an equal number will probably come anew.  And building a wall that is indefensible wont help.
But dont let reality stand in the way of your fantasies.  Nuke Mexico City!

Ron

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2006, 01:44:13 PM »
Again, no one has addressed the issue I raised that clamping down on illegals is impossible without clamping down on the rest of us.  Forget that tidbit?  What makes you think national IDs would not be around the corner?
Seriously guys. If it was between national ID's or a continuation of open borders.......I say stick with the status quo, open borders.

I am all in favour of some type of wall, electronic monitoring and increased border patrols of our borders. I think we should have control of the borders,period.

Rabbi is right in that many are piggybacking national ID cards on the illegal alien issue. This should be rejected as the BS it is.

I am for border security without the big brother biometric government tracking loss of liberty BS.

Shut down the border and kick the ball down the road when it comes to dealing with the folks that are here already. I don't give a flip about the folks that came here under the "wink and a nod" system. Shut down the borders now and we will deal with them later. If the borders are tight we can grant them a path to citizenship without creating a new flood of illegals.

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2006, 02:07:06 PM »
The Rabbi wrote:

"Your interpretation is even more nonsensical"

Ronald Reagan said:

"There you go again!"
Known from coast to coast, almost!

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2006, 02:26:10 PM »
The Sheliak said it even better.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2006, 02:31:10 PM »
The Sheliak said it even better.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Too true CAnnoneer.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.