Author Topic: Mexico angered by decision to increase security at border.  (Read 10541 times)

Third_Rail

• friend
Mexico angered by decision to increase security at border.
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 07:16:11 AM »
EDIT: I've got to stay out of political discussions.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 07:23:18 AM »
You need the concept of borders explained to you?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 07:26:01 AM »
Quote from: 280plus
I wasn't comparing REASONS for the walls, just walls in general. None are totally infallible is all I'm saying.
So, if someone proposes a measure to deal with a problem, you will immediately point out that their measure will not be completely successful?  Seems obvious - why bother?

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 07:26:17 AM »
I worked with Haitians in Fla, wondeful people. I know a small Muslim African community is coming up in what used to be one of the worst areas in Hartford CT, The area, though small, is 100% better because apparently they don't take no crap and the criminal element has left. Hell, one look at some of the stuff on the shelves of their grocery store was enough to scare ME away. Tongue

J/K... Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 07:26:46 AM »
Quote from: Third_Rail
"Just showing up" is how the majority of people got to the USA..
Well,...yeah.  If "birth" qualifies as "just showing up".  Otherwise, you are quite wrong.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Third_Rail

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 07:27:32 AM »
Yep, I'm wrong. You're right.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 07:27:41 AM »
If it's not going to work, why bother? Why not fix it right? A wall is not the answer, it's like putting a bandaid on a festering wound.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 07:30:57 AM »
LOL...if you followed the line of births resposible for the latest in country birth back far enough you'll probably find someone that "just showed up" here. All the way back to AND INCLUDING  the "Indians". They too were immigrants. So just who DOES this land belong to?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 07:31:23 AM »
Quote from: Moondoggie
I believe that LEGAL narcotic use is a good thing.

Would The Rabbi care to volunteer for surgery without drugs?

I believe that LEGAL immigration is a good thing.

What do you think America would look like in 10 years if everybody on the planet that wanted to live in America just showed up?  Try Somolia, Haiti, or any other 4th world hellhole.

Pie in the sky is wonderful in theory.  Ever heard the phrase "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"?  Care to discuss how that worked out?

What The Rabbi is advocating in reality is anarchy.
Wow, Award for biggest series of non-sequiturs in one post.
We aren't talkinng about pharmaceuticals, as you well know.  Unless, like other members here, you can't differentiate coffee from cocaine.
I am proposing legal immigration.  Everyone who wants to come here can come legally.  Reform entitlements along the way.
Haiti?  Somolia[sic]?  Those people didnt immigrate there, they were born there.  Maybe immigration would make those places better.
What does Communism have to do with this discussion?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 07:31:40 AM »
So how about "Just showing up in Mexico", finding a job, enrolling your kids in school, going to a local hospital with no means to pay for services and see what happens to you under their laws.  I wouldn't recommend it.

Mexico's southern border is patrolled by their army.  They don't allow illegal immigration into their country from other countries with the same language and nearly identical culture, but expect the US to just roll over and be invaded by millions of their citizens.  Funny, I don't hear Vicente claiming "There's only one Latin America".

BTW, if you were a military planner in another country and were planning an invasion of the US, how many troops do you think you'd need?  Think 20 million or so would do it?  I think that amount would suffice, especially if your invasion was unopposed.

If you think it's OK for unlimited numbers of folks to "Just show up", why don't you put your money where your mouth is and invite them to share your home with your family?   Be sure to park a trash can next to your toilet for the used TP.

Pie in the sky feeds no one.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 07:32:44 AM »
Quote from: lupinus
Sorry, we can't absorb millions of people.
We already have.  And when we get to the point that it is no longer attractive to move here, people will stop.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 07:33:11 AM »
Charby, I'm always this way.  Smiley

Quote from: The Rabbi
immigration benefits society
Any old immigration benefits society?  Anytime someone crosses a national border, I should think of that as a good thing?

No.  Some immigration is good, some is bad.  We should stop the bad kind.  Very simple.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 07:34:55 AM »
Quote from: lupinus
Sorry, we can't absorb millions of people.
We already have.  And when we get to the point that it is no longer attractive to move here, people will stop.
And the longer illegals stream in with impunity, the faster we'll get there.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2006, 07:37:02 AM »
So how about "Just showing up in Mexico", finding a job, enrolling your kids in school, going to a local hospital with no means to pay for services and see what happens to you under their laws.  I wouldn't recommend it.

Mexico's southern border is patrolled by their army.  They don't allow illegal immigration into their country from other countries with the same language and nearly identical culture, but expect the US to just roll over and be invaded by millions of their citizens.  Funny, I don't hear Vicente claiming "There's only one Latin America".

BTW, if you were a military planner in another country and were planning an invasion of the US, how many troops do you think you'd need?  Think 20 million or so would do it?  I think that amount would suffice, especially if your invasion was unopposed.

If you think it's OK for unlimited numbers of folks to "Just show up", why don't you put your money where your mouth is and invite them to share your home with your family?   Be sure to park a trash can next to your toilet for the used TP.

Pie in the sky feeds no one.
Boy, you're just batting, um, zero here.
What do Mexico's immigration policies have to do with the U.S.?  No one is asking for a quid pro quo.
I dont give a rat's tushie what Fox says.  Neither should you.
And yes, the spectacle of all those Mexican militants descending on us, armed to the teeth with frying pans, baby carriages, and tortilla rollers makes me terrified.  That certainly is an invasion army, just like D-Day.  Amazing what the U.S. Army did with frying pans against the Germans.
Can you separate an individual household from national policy?  I am beginning to think not.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2006, 07:38:07 AM »
Quote from: fistful
Charby, I'm always this way.  Smiley

immigration benefits society
Any old immigration benefits society?  Anytime someone crosses a national border, I should think of that as a good thing?

No.  Some immigration is good, some is bad.  We should stop the bad kind.  Very simple.
Could you define "good" immigration and "bad" immigration?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2006, 07:50:50 AM »
I don't have to.  You're not that stupid.  But if you'd like to explain it to imbeciles, I'd be glad to write up a short primer.

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2006, 07:51:26 AM »
Rabbi;

My reference to Haiti and Somolia were to provide an example of what America would look like if everyone who wanted to come here was allowed to do so.  Our economy/standard of living would plummet to 4th world status.  

Your idealistic desire for unfetterd immigration is unworkable and fortunately will never come to fruition.

If we reformed entitlements along the way as you suggest, how are poor, uneducated, unskilled folks from other countries going to survive?   You don't seem to think gov't should be able to tell anybody that they can't do anything, but you think it's OK for gov't to take from me to give to someone else.  Sorry, no sale.

The construction of the border fencing and stricter immigration controls are favored by something like 68% of US Citizens, and congresscritters have been getting their ears chewed off by their constituents.  The pendulem is swinging away from your radical position.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2006, 07:57:42 AM »
I don't have to.  You're not that stupid.  But if you'd like to explain it to imbeciles, I'd be glad to write up a short primer.
No, really I am that stupid.  I would like to know what "good" immigration is vs "bad" immigration.

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2006, 08:00:23 AM »
Gee, Rabbi, I guess you missed the thousands of folks waving Mexican Flags in many US Cities this summer.

Tell me, what does an invading army do to signal victory...perhaps raise their flag over the conquered territory?  Perhaps they require the country they've conquered to speak their language?  I guess it's a lot easier for them when we allow these actions or initiate them ourselves.

There's such a thing as "Economic Warfare".  We're on the receiving end at present.  Fortunately, most folks are beginning to realize it and are starting to fight back.

Again, your pie in the sky theory and disingenuous arguments will do nothing to change the reality.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2006, 08:01:45 AM »
I'll use very small words.  Do you know what an immigrant is?

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2006, 08:01:48 AM »
Rabbi;

My reference to Haiti and Somolia were to provide an example of what America would look like if everyone who wanted to come here was allowed to do so.  Our economy/standard of living would plummet to 4th world status.  

Your idealistic desire for unfetterd immigration is unworkable and fortunately will never come to fruition.

If we reformed entitlements along the way as you suggest, how are poor, uneducated, unskilled folks from other countries going to survive?   You don't seem to think gov't should be able to tell anybody that they can't do anything, but you think it's OK for gov't to take from me to give to someone else.  Sorry, no sale.

The construction of the border fencing and stricter immigration controls are favored by something like 68% of US Citizens, and congresscritters have been getting their ears chewed off by their constituents.  The pendulem is swinging away from your radical position.
You should have quit while you were behind.
What makes you think that conditions are remotely the same between Somalia and the U.S?  If you made a list of all the things that went into the disaster of Somalia, immigration would appear nowhere on it.
People said Shall Issue laws were unrealistic and unworkable too.
Show me where I said it was OK for the gov't to take things from me or you and give it to someone else.  I'd like to see that.
How are unskilled folks going to survive?  I don't know.  It isn't my problem.  If they can't hack it here they will go elsewhere.  But I see plenty of immigrants here already with minimal schooling doing just fine.
Oh, so now we'll decide this based on popularity?  Do you really think governing by poll is a good idea?  Do you actually think the polls are reliable for anything at all?

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2006, 08:04:01 AM »
Gee, Rabbi, I guess you missed the thousands of folks waving Mexican Flags in many US Cities this summer.

Tell me, what does an invading army do to signal victory...perhaps raise their flag over the conquered territory?  Perhaps they require the country they've conquered to speak their language?  I guess it's a lot easier for them when we allow these actions or initiate them ourselves.

There's such a thing as "Economic Warfare".  We're on the receiving end at present.  Fortunately, most folks are beginning to realize it and are starting to fight back.

Again, your pie in the sky theory and disingenuous arguments will do nothing to change the reality.
Can you show me the pics of the Mexican flag waving over the state capitol in Nebraska?  I must have missed those pics.
thousands of people waved flags at the Vanderbilt-UT football game last year.  I guess that means Vanderbilt has taken over this country.
Your arguments are getting sillier and sillier.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2006, 08:05:27 AM »
I'll use very small words.  Do you know what an immigrant is?
I think I can figure that one out.  Keep going.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2006, 08:11:43 AM »
How about "one USA" with no walls to divide it.
We have one USA with no walls to divide it.  

To the North is a contry called Canada that seems to be trying to become two countries, one country that speaks English and one country that speaks French.

To the south is several countries.  The nearest is Mexico.  They seem to think that they should be able to move into the USA at will and make the USA a part of Mexico,  If you try to move to Mexico at will, you will be arrested and sent to prison.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2006, 09:31:08 AM »
If your very first act of being here is breaking the law by being here, followed closely by fraudulent ID procurement - we don't need ya...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...