Author Topic: oops!  (Read 1182 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
oops!
« on: October 01, 2010, 06:45:16 AM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BMacklem

Re: oops!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »
Just when I thought that this administration couldn't get any lower. They go and prove me wrong yet again.
Considering the attire that our "First "lady"" wears on any given normal day, you can't fault the child one bit.
HE WAS 10 YEARS OLD FOR GODS SAKE!!!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »
The office of Sen. Mike Crapo, Idaho Republican, is working with the Baker family to help them return to the White House, said press secretary Susan Wheeler.

"The senator was upset by the news," Ms. Wheeler said. "We want to make sure they are comfortable."

As long as the Senator and The Obama spend their money and not mine, I'm fine with that.  The moment they use tax dollars to cover the cost of the trip, I'm gonna howl.

Both have enough money for partisan political activity to drop a few thou on this.  That they will still garner positive press out of the deal does not bother me.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
Just when I thought that this administration couldn't get any lower. They go and prove me wrong yet again.
Considering the attire that our "First "lady"" wears on any given normal day, you can't fault the child one bit.
HE WAS 10 YEARS OLD FOR GODS SAKE!!!

I understand your point, but just because the President disrespects his office doesn't mean that citizens should also.
I don't mean to say that the child intended disrespect, but isn't it common sense to dress up a little to go to the White House?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
Didn't our current president hisself have casual every-days pretty much as soon as he moved his junk in his new crib? Leaving Hennessey rings on the pres desk next to his Hush Puppy heel marks and cigarette burns?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:42:39 PM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:48:07 PM »
<snip>

;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:23:23 AM by S. Williamson »
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »
My bad. For some reason I was only thinking in terms of forum members. Error corrected.
Went back and re-re-read it. It was right there at the front, plain as day. I guess I am so used to doing that on my Facebook page it was simply a bad habit to break here. Is it OK to spit after I say/type it perchance?  ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 12:18:59 AM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!