Author Topic: CARAMBA!  (Read 1587 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
CARAMBA!
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:43:47 PM »
 i find myself agreeing with pelosi and al franken?  its a bad twilight zone episode\
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/05/AR2010100503969.html?hpid=topnews
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: CARAMBA!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 12:15:27 AM »
Don't feel too bad about agreeing with them. They are pretty much just jumping on the band wagon anyway.

You could find some solace in the Dems refusal to accept their share of the blame for the current mortgage mess.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 12:20:22 AM »
i took a shower  it didn't help

now i've got some plow jockey trying to wave the flag and tell me how well drug enforcement is working to fix our problems in the usa and i'm having a hard time being civil.  was asking is his mom had any kids that lived outa line?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:42:49 AM »
There were a few words in the article that threw a genuine scare into me.  I am convinced that this was not merely an example of poor writing, but is in fact what they see as absolute truth:

the AFL-CIO joined other consumer groups

AFL-CIO is a consumer group?  Like a shark is a consumer fish.

Which is worse - agreeing with those Dems or realizing the RINOs let this chance to shine slip through their fingers?

*shudder*

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »
i took a shower  it didn't help

Did you try scouring powder?

Meh, this is closing the barn door after the horse has left.

The real problem is how those loans were made in the first place: the lifting of traditional requirements at the behest and threats by the gov't.

The Pelosi Pogues just want to distract from their part in creating the mess.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
The real problem is how those loans were made in the first place: the lifting of traditional requirements at the behest and threats by the gov't.

while there is much truth in that there is also the reality that the folks "forced" made billions while crying rape
i think of the napoleonic rape defense

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM