Author Topic: enranged Daley completely loses it over Heller ruling...  (Read 14194 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: enranged Daley completely loses it over Heller ruling...
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 04:25:07 PM »
Maybe not, but his handpuppet in Springfield (Blago the Gov.) will likely see the inside of a federal courtroom soon and who knows where that will lead.

That is a popular option for Illinios Governors.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

xsquidgator

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »
"Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis today said that 75 percent of Chicago's murders involve firearms. So far this year, Chicago Police have responded to 15,000 "man with a gun" calls and 27,000 calls of "shots fired.""

Wow.

I didn't realize just how effective Chicago's gun ban was!

Maybe Dianah Ross and the Supremes DID get it wrong!  rolleyes

That's awesome!  I just borrowed your comment for use on another board.

Check out the comments left by people visiting the Chicago paper's site!  Daley doesn't seem to have many friends!

old school

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
Boy, the comments on that article in the Chicago Sun Times are all pro gun rights. Nice job guys!
I had never seen Daley before that picture. He does look like a mafia thug.
We now know who the real man is.

crossfire

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »
Look for the mayors of the various cities..Chicago, Philadelphia, DC, etc. to enact licensing and registration regulations out the wazoo so a weapon will cost more to register it than to buy it with re-registering required every year. Owning a firearm will still be a right if you can afford it.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »
Look for the mayors of the various cities..Chicago, Philadelphia, DC, etc. to enact licensing and registration regulations out the wazoo so a weapon will cost more to register it than to buy it with re-registering required every year. Owning a firearm will still be a right if you can afford it.

They can push back a little, but openly defying the Court in word or deed is a good way to get spanked hard once someone appeals.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »
There is going to be a lot of childish behavior by people in high places.  The kids have just been sent to their room.  Expect many, many tantrums.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 07:25:31 PM »
If anyone has him screaming this on video, please post.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 01:14:07 AM »
Boy, the comments on that article in the Chicago Sun Times are all pro gun rights. Nice job guys!
I had never seen Daley before that picture. He does look like a mafia thug.

In most pictures, he has an oily smile and has hulking bodyguards behind him. There's usually a police cruiser parked outside his house, too, on taxpayer funds.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 02:22:47 AM »
Last night on WGN (a Chicago station) they had a poll on the right to keep a pistol at home for self defense . . . they said it was the greatest response ever, with almost 5000 votes. 87% said YES, people have that right. Probably drove Daley right over the edge.  grin
I'm sure they're already planning that, but consider . . . can they force you to pay a fee to exercise what SCOTUS has defines as a right? Wouldn't that be like paying a fee in order to vote, sort of like poll taxes, which have been thrown out altogether?

I see more lawsuits coming . . .and the possibility of some cities having to pay plaintiff's legal fees and damages.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 02:25:18 AM »
The truly disturbing thing is that I think Daley and Chicago cops would have no problem beating down citizens for legally carrying guns, as they suddenly seemed to be a "threat" to the arresting officers.

Chicago cops are...um...special.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 02:52:45 AM »
The truly disturbing thing is that I think Daley and Chicago cops would have no problem beating down citizens for legally carrying guns, as they suddenly seemed to be a "threat" to the arresting officers.

From what I've understood, CPD could give lessons to the Waffen-SS and the KGB...

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 03:09:13 AM »

From what I've understood, CPD could give lessons to the Waffen-SS and the KGB...

From what I've heard from people who actually live there, calling them police officers is insulting to real police officers. They have uniforms, but a lot seem to be more of a subsidized gang of thugs. And if they ever get drunk and they're around you, you're pretty much screwed.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 03:38:10 AM »

From what I've heard from people who actually live there, calling them police officers is insulting to real police officers. They have uniforms, but a lot seem to be more of a subsidized gang of thugs. And if they ever get drunk and they're around you, you're pretty much screwed.

So like Israel's MAGAV?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 05:25:42 AM »
You know, I think I see a chance to make some money off this whole Supreme Court ruling...

Bear with me...

Handgun offsets!

Libby liberals in urban areas who want to keep guns out of their communities can pay ME to purchase them!

God, it's brilliant!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 05:47:15 AM »
Maybe our military should spend less time liberating Baghdad and work closer to home....  police

We have no business invading Chicago. It'd just be a quagmire and the troops would be at risk. The people of Chicago need to solve their own factional violence problems first. grin
I laughed so loud I almost peed myself....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 08:12:36 AM »
You know, I think I see a chance to make some money off this whole Supreme Court ruling...

Bear with me...

Handgun offsets!

Libby liberals in urban areas who want to keep guns out of their communities can pay ME to purchase them!

God, it's brilliant!

I'd go for a piece of that action..... Wink
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 08:30:10 AM »

Bear with me...

Handgun offsets!

God, it's brilliant!

Very good.  You're on your way to the Nobel Prize. grin
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »

Those types of scheme's smack not a little of Poll Tax. Weren't those made unconstitutional back in '63?

An wouldn't a tax measure that effectively bans a variety of weapon bang up hard against Heller? Wasn't a part of that ruling that banning a complete class of firearm is unconstitutional?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
Heller says one has the right to own AND USE arms.  As said, if it was taxed of fee'd to the point of being defacto banned like a poll tax it should be easy to beat such things down in court.

The ruling isn't slam dunk but it's better then I expected.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 12:16:19 PM »
Bwuahaha

Fox news just had an interview with one of their analysts and said in thirty years as a lawyer prosecutor and judge she saw just one homicide with a legally owned handgun.

Now if only more would just admit it...
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 04:38:34 PM »
Philadelphia can't enact a registration and licensing scheme.

Pennsylvania has preemption.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 06:44:28 PM »
Heller says one has the right to own AND USE arms.  As said, if it was taxed of fee'd to the point of being defacto banned like a poll tax it should be easy to beat such things down in court.

Do you think that that could apply to Class 3 firearms?

Also how common does it have to be to be considered common?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 03:54:12 AM »
Probably not.  While it doesn't specifically say that reasonable restriction is allowed, it keeps the status quo in place, though is worded much better for us.  Common use is easy to prove and argue, reasonable restrictions is entirely opinion.  In order to have it apply to class three you would have to prove that such weapons are in A) Common usage and B)That the registry, $200 tax stamp, and wait are a defacto ban.  If anything I would say it might be possible to use the ruling to overturn state prohibition on class three items.  But making it as easy to buy class 3 as any other weapon is very unlikely.  But, using it as an individual right, you could have more ground to argue against it. 

This is what is so much better for us then if the opinion had allowed reasonable restriction.  Common usage can be proven and argued fairly easily.  Handguns (auto and wheel guns), rifles, shotguns, "assault rifles", etc. are all in common usage.  Under the common use clause we have ground to fight on, reasonable restriction would have had us fighting much harder with more chance of using because it would be solely up to opinion.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 07:17:56 AM »

A strict interpretation of the prefatory ("militia") clause would make the 2A apply specifically to military type arms - whatever is in use at the current time.  IOW, private ownership of fully automatic rifles and semi-auto pistols (etc) would be protected, but sporting arms maybe not ...?  undecided

Anyway, I hope the gun banners eventually get hung by the slender thread of their "militia clause"  police
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2008, 07:21:08 AM »
This is what is so much better for us then if the opinion had allowed reasonable restriction.  Common usage can be proven and argued fairly easily.  Handguns (auto and wheel guns), rifles, shotguns, "assault rifles", etc. are all in common usage.  Under the common use clause we have ground to fight on, reasonable restriction would have had us fighting much harder with more chance of using because it would be solely up to opinion.
[/quote]

As I'd mentioned, there are literally millions of AR and Kalashnikov action rifles in the United States in the hands of private citizens. That's common use, definitely.