Author Topic: enranged Daley completely loses it over Heller ruling...  (Read 14192 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: enranged Daley completely loses it over Heller ruling...
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 11:45:55 AM »
exactly, which is so much better.  The court had to keep the status quo ti at least some extent, this does it for them while giving us great protection.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »
Could you say that a Class 3 is common usage? If you go to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot it is pretty common, Cheesy
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 03:19:16 AM »

A strict interpretation of the prefatory ("militia") clause would make the 2A apply specifically to military type arms - whatever is in use at the current time.  IOW, private ownership of fully automatic rifles and semi-auto pistols (etc) would be protected, but sporting arms maybe not ...?  undecided

DON'T SAY THAT OUT LOUD!!!  I don't want them gun-grabbers coming for my Blackhawks and coach guns because they ain't fittin' for military use....

A world of of just bottom-feeder pistols and AR's would be a boring world indeed....  sad
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2008, 05:30:56 AM »
I figure the U.S. Cavalry used those out West, no?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 05:54:59 AM »
Quote from: ManedWolf
Common usage can be proven and argued fairly easily.

Really - I'll play devil's advocate here and imagine I'm arguing that AR-15's are not in common usage.

"Your honor there are 320 million US citizens. Lets assume that half are adults eligible to buy a firearm. Of those 160 million people (NOTE: I'm guessing here) only 4.5 million own an AR-15. Your HONOR, that's only 2.8% of the people. That can hardly be called common usage".

That kind of argument could very easily sway an anti RKBA judge.

I guessed at the 4.5 mil. It's probably lower than that.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2008, 06:21:21 AM »
Couldn't you be more broad and say just all semi-autos instead of a specific gun? because semi-autos are pretty common, Smiley
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
Quote from: ManedWolf
Common usage can be proven and argued fairly easily.

Really - I'll play devil's advocate here and imagine I'm arguing that AR-15's are not in common usage.

"Your honor there are 320 million US citizens. Lets assume that half are adults eligible to buy a firearm. Of those 160 million people (NOTE: I'm guessing here) only 4.5 million own an AR-15. Your HONOR, that's only 2.8% of the people. That can hardly be called common usage".

That kind of argument could very easily sway an anti RKBA judge.

I guessed at the 4.5 mil. It's probably lower than that.

I would just like to buy Mr. Kalashnikov and the IZMASH staff a round of vodka for, with their imported sporting rifles, proving beyond a doubt that there is nothing inherently "military" about the AK action as a semiautomatic means of operation. That it's just a particularly reliable, robust, and simple action.

And this is a big Russian obscene hand gesture to the leftists who cry that the AK-derived rifles are only "killing machines". Thanks, guys! You make good stuff! smiley

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2008, 04:30:24 PM »
I've got some softpoint 7.62*39 ammo.  I need to shoot a deer with my Saiga this fall Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 05:20:45 AM »
I've still got about 500 rounds of steel-cored 7.62 from a large purchase I made when I was working for NRA...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »
You know, I think I see a chance to make some money off this whole Supreme Court ruling...

Bear with me...

Handgun offsets!

Libby liberals in urban areas who want to keep guns out of their communities can pay ME to purchase them!

God, it's brilliant!

It's a brand new business opportunity! 

Got a problem letting others in on some of that action? grin

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »
You know, I think I see a chance to make some money off this whole Supreme Court ruling...

Bear with me...

Handgun offsets!

Libby liberals in urban areas who want to keep guns out of their communities can pay ME to purchase them!

God, it's brilliant!
We could finance the boat!
It's a brand new business opportunity! 

Got a problem letting others in on some of that action? grin
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com