Author Topic: Democratic flip-flop  (Read 1464 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Democratic flip-flop
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:07:43 AM »
http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectID=62&articleID=20080704_7_A16_spanc54322

Letter to the editor of the Tulsa World.

Democratic flip-flop

What a change in party philosophy within the Democratic Party. John F. Kennedy, in his inaugural speech said, "Do not ask what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country."

Now Barack Obama is running as the Democratic Party candidate for president. From his messages, Obama is asking citizens to give the government their money through taxes when he's elected, and he will establish some government programs and return a part of it to them  if he feels they deserve it.

There is a tremendous difference between what the two men professed for our country's citizens. Obama professes government-controlled programs through taxation and re-disbursing a portion of your money back to you if any remains. Kennedy's statement was of giving you the control to use your own skills and abilities to improve your own destiny.

Both men are and were very charismatic and good speakers, but this is where the similarities end. I was of the opinion that the Democratic Party was the people's party. Has the Democratic Party become that disorganized and confused?

The current Democratic candidate could be classified as an effective "Pied Piper," and if I were you, I would be very concerned where he is trying to lead you, your children and our country.

J.E. Cottle, Tulsa
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Democratic flip-flop
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:10:41 AM »
I was of the opinion that the Democratic Party was the people's party. Has the Democratic Party become that disorganized and confused?

No disorganization or confusion whatever. The Democratic (sic) party has been communist since 1968.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.