Author Topic: Warning, gun related question  (Read 852 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Warning, gun related question
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:12:26 PM »
Okay, a couple questions.

Ruger Mk. I, mine came with a thumbrest grip panel, I want plain/flat/std.  Will Mk. II grips fit?  Anyone got a set for sale?

How about a couple extra mags?  Where would be a good source?

That's it.

Thanks.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Warning, gun related question
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »
Ruger Mk. I, mine came with a thumbrest grip panel, I want plain/flat/std.  Will Mk. II grips fit?......How about a couple extra mags?  Where would be a good source?  

Depends when it was made.  See Xavier Thoughts on the Mark II.

. In 1971, the dies that the Strum-Ruger corporation used to stamp the grip frames finally wore out. New dies were formed allowing the magazine follower button to be on the left, rather than on the right as was the case with the earlier models. The new style grip frame was designated the A-100. Previous magazines would not fit in the A-100 grip frame, but the newer magazines fit both styles of pistol. The change was a portent of changes on the horizon.

Don't buy your magazines at Gander Mountain.  They want over Ruger's SRP.   :'(

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 11:07:21 AM »
Magazines = Midway, Brownell's, other gun supply stores, Amazon.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »
I would have to dig my two Rugers out of the safe to see, on the grips.  I beleive with the new mags, you can change the button to the correct side for the pistol you are using.  I just keep an eye out at gun shows for the silver bottom early Ruger mags.  My pistol is pre-Mk1....chris3

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 03:16:39 AM »
Thanks all.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."