Author Topic: Warning: Cringe-Worthy  (Read 4110 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Warning: Cringe-Worthy
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »
http://now.msn.com/now/0427-woman-squeezes-testicles-kills-man.aspx

How did he die? From a head injury when he fell? From the pain? From the kung fu grip?
I don't get it.  ???
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Warning: Cringe-Worthy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »
I suspect he suffered an MI/heart attack due to stress.

I doubt she held him long enough to cause "compartment syndrome" where the dead/gangrenous blood suddenly mixes back in when circulation is restored and poisons the rest of the body.
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »
That would more likely be ventricular fibulation than an infarct.  But still to the layman a "heart attack".

About the only people who really care about the specifics are the coroner and the DA/State's Attorney/whatever he's called/

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:17:59 PM »
Saw this on Drudge this morning.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »
Would it be possible for the grip to be tight enough to rupture an internal blood vessel and cause a hemorrhage? 
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 11:59:40 PM »
That would more likely be ventricular fibulation than an infarct.  But still to the layman a "heart attack".

About the only people who really care about the specifics are the coroner and the DA/State's Attorney/whatever he's called/

stay safe.

You mean, we cannot derive from this a mechanism to injure/kill our enemies by grabbing their genitals in merciless close combat?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 12:03:42 AM »
You mean, we cannot derive from this a mechanism to injure/kill our enemies by grabbing their genitals in merciless close combat?

If that's really the way you wanna roll, I guess you could try it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 12:22:05 AM »

If that's really the way you wanna roll, I guess you could try it.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »
MB, I felt a little woozy after reading that [barf]
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
When a man dies due to someone touching his balls, i don't think this is not the way they invision going.
 :lol:

As little as I know about medicine, this doesn't really sound that implausable. Severe shock from pain could cause underlieing issues to come into play, I would think.
He may have had something going on (high BP, heart issues, ext) which was exsaberated by the ball grabbing. Same thing happens when guys who shouldn't take ED drugs get off.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 09:07:50 PM »
i dang near died of VF just reading that. :O
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
Hit them in the balls with a combat shovel, a proper edgewise vertical stroke and the collateral damage ought to be lethal.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 01:38:41 AM »
Hit them in the balls with a combat shovel, a proper edgewise vertical stroke and the collateral damage ought to be lethal.

The Shovel Book suggests grabbing said organs by the corner of the shovel, then yanking with all your might.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »

Maybe not....but he'll wish he was dead....  :O
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »
OK, I admit that perverse curiosity got the better of me.  I looked at all sorts of anatomy charts, especially those of the circulatory system.

What I saw there does not look like it will cause a person to bleed out in a hurry.

Can anyone show me* point out to me why I might be wrong?

stay safe.

*I realized that was a setup for a practical demonstration as originally worded.  And I know you folks. [tinfoil]  No thanks.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
Ow.

That is all.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »
OK, I admit that perverse curiosity got the better of me.  I looked at all sorts of anatomy charts, especially those of the circulatory system.

What I saw there does not look like it will cause a person to bleed out in a hurry.

Can anyone show me* point out to me why I might be wrong?

stay safe.

*I realized that was a setup for a practical demonstration as originally worded.  And I know you folks. [tinfoil]  No thanks.

I imagine the blood loss from shooting yourself in the face seconds later would be massive.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »
Before my time there was a fellow who lived his entire life in the hollow I grew up in. Somewhere, through the fog of drink no doubt, he found the voice of the lord. In time his new found voice convinced him what the root of all evil was. So, to save himself he blew said root off with a 12ga. He survived apparently.  :facepalm:
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 10:36:58 AM »
Before my time there was a fellow who lived his entire life in the hollow I grew up in. Somewhere, through the fog of drink no doubt, he found the voice of the lord. In time his new found voice convinced him what the root of all evil was. So, to save himself he blew said root off with a 12ga. He survived apparently.  :facepalm:

He shot out his tongue  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
He shot out his tongue  ???
He shot himself in the wallet?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
I'm kind of surprised no one made the crack that since the victim was male, "It was obviously a traumatic brain injury".
I promise not to duck.