Author Topic: Warrior Poet Rifle Sling  (Read 1026 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Warrior Poet Rifle Sling
« on: December 11, 2021, 11:26:07 AM »
Thoughts on this sling? Normally I would shy away from a sling with a bungee component, but from the video, John seems to have addressed that well, and given his background, his thought process seems to have created something more than just a "buy this from me" sling. Kinda pricey, but I might consider one to try. I mostly have Blue Force and Viking slings right now.

https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/wps-rifle-sling/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Warrior Poet Rifle Sling
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 12:40:14 PM »
I'm leery of bungee slings, also.  Those quick release buckles are on my "do not use" list, so I won't spend the $80 to test that sling.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 12:57:12 PM »
I'm leery of bungee slings, also.  Those quick release buckles are on my "do not use" list, so I won't spend the $80 to test that sling.

Yeah, I'd like to see maybe a 15-20% off sale if I were to try it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 01:57:59 PM »
I am sure the Warrior Poet knows what he is doing.  Not sure if that is what I want.  It might be interesting to try on a rifle.  I can see how keeping it slung tight might be useful for keeping the rifle in a ready position while walking around the woods and such. 

https://bravocompanyusa.com/frank-proctor-heavy-duty-sling-black1/
I got a couple of these proctor slings recently.  I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but I like the idea of being about to set it up on a rifle without worrying about what attachments I have.  All my rifles have different stuff on them and getting the right parts has always been a worry.  We will see how the paracord lasts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5MEx3W9-yM&t=1s
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 03:26:16 PM »
I shot the tri-glide off my magpul sling recently and had to buy a new sling.  There's all these high speed low drag $60-$80 slings out there, but really, all it needs to do is hold a rifle, right?

I bought one of these:  https://wisemencompany.com/baseline-2-point-sling/

The company is run buy a friend of mine, but it's  a solid sling, is adjustable,  and holds the rifle.  I don't think I'll be paying $50 or more for an AR along any more.  Too much of that is name and branding.  I like John's brand, but that sling isn't worth that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 03:40:15 PM »
I haven't looked in a while, but I am sure you can find lengths of nylon sling with a couple buckles for pretty cheap. 

https://www.primaryarms.com/blackhawk-universal-tactical-2-point-sling-black-bh70ut00bk
This isn't in stock, but it the minimum you need. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 03:57:25 PM »
I do think the quick adjust feature on many two points is an important feature.  I would call that a requirement.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 04:44:32 PM »
I do think the quick adjust feature on many two points is an important feature.  I would call that a requirement.

That was going to be my response to your first post on a basic sling. I use the quick adjust A LOT.  Even at the range just shooting by myself, I will adjust the sling in high and tight when I walk down range to change my targets both to not have it banging around and to not get silencer burn in a bad spot.

Still not sure whose quick adjust I like the best.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 06:37:44 PM »
The basic sling I linked has quick adjust.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2021, 09:29:53 PM »
I like the quick adjust, too, but I don't need/want more than that.  The extra buckles and nylon just get in the way.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?