Author Topic: TSA's Top 10 Good Catches of 2011...  (Read 10456 times)

BridgeRunner

• friend
Re: TSA's Top 10 Good Catches of 2011...
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »
So, which is more horrifying, that a turtle is now considered a terrorist threat, or that it's utterly incomprehensible that someone would forget to disarm himself before traveling?

Or possibly the commentary suggesting the utter lunacy in possessing a flare gun and flares where such items, if one tried really, really, really hard and was quite creating, could cause some serious damage? 

One wonders if the author has ever driven a car, thus presenting a far greater threat to far more people that said lunatic flare-gun fetishist.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »
So, which is more horrifying, that a turtle is now considered a terrorist threat, or that it's utterly incomprehensible that someone would forget to disarm himself before traveling?

Or possibly the commentary suggesting the utter lunacy in possessing a flare gun and flares where such items, if one tried really, really, really hard and was quite creating, could cause some serious damage? 

One wonders if the author has ever driven a car, thus presenting a far greater threat to far more people that said lunatic flare-gun fetishist.

He works for the TSA. He's literally paid to make this seem as threatening as possible.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 09:41:48 PM »
He works for the TSA. He's literally paid to make this seem as threatening as possible.

Ah.  Read it on my phone at work today, didn't note the source.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 08:08:25 AM »
The comments are hilarious. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »
Apparently neither were on the list of Dangerous Things. They were obviously manufactured equipment where that contraption posted above is just as obviously hand built. Hand built electrical items with lots of wires is no doubt on the list of Dangerous Things. Probably described just that way too lol.

So why are laptops such a big deal  ???    ;/    :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 09:27:56 AM »
Cupcakes are very, very dangerous, too.  And Dildos.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
I wonder how many of the guns "found" were declared. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 06:54:56 PM »
that a turtle is now considered a terrorist threat

no
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 09:21:46 PM »
What is this cupcake incident many of the commentators commented on?
And thank God they protected us from all those inert things.  [barf]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

erictank

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »
What is this cupcake incident many of the commentators commented on?
And thank God they protected us from all those inert things.  [barf]

Someone was bringing a fancy cupcake-in-a-jar home from vacation or some such, roundabouts Christmas time. From Wicked Good Cupcakes, IIRC.

Team Sexual Assault decided that the frosting qualified as a gel which was not permitted to pass through security, and confiscated the cupcake.

As an aside, the cupcake in question has been renamed on the company's website.  Was "National Velvet," a red-velvet cupcake with bourbon vanilla frosting.  Now "National (Security) Velvet," same description.  Bet they're thanking TSA for all their free publicity.  I believe they sent the woman a replacement cupcake, as well.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »
Did they add a disclaimer, like "Also doubles as a doomsday device"?

I hadn't heard about that, either. Thanks for the tip. I missed that whole arugula thing during the '08 election, too. Why do I miss the food-related news?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 11:08:23 PM »
Apparently, even the bomb techs don't get electronics training...   ???

Let's say you're a bomb tech...

Do you say...

A) "Oh, no problemo, there is no actual circuits here. OK, pack everything up, we are going home"

or

B) "TEAM AMERICA  *expletive deleted*ck YEAH! WE GIT TO BLOW SOMETHIN' UP!"

Don't try to tell me you can resist the chance to blow something up, especially if you don't have to pay for the explosives.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!