Author Topic: Tunisian government has certainly picked a side in this embassy-attack issue  (Read 1356 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
By seeking the death penalty for people who attacked Americans.

Several thousand demonstrators stormed the U.S. Embassy compound, tore down the American flag and looted and burned buildings. Police responded with gunshots and tear gas. Four demonstrators died and scores of people were injured, including security forces.

Tunisia's governing moderate Islamist party condemned the attacks on the U.S. sites.

I think "shooting the terrorists dead and then hanging their accomplices" certainly counts as taking a stand.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:27:46 AM by MicroBalrog »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Works for me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
I'm liking Tunisia now.....let's give them money....like Egypt's foreign aid cut....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
I approve of this message

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
I'm liking Tunisia now.....let's give them money....like Egypt's foreign aid cut....

Makes too much sense. US government would never do it. Wanna bet they cut Tunisia off?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.

Can we give them Pakistan's cut too?

brimic

• friends
Unfortunately for the Tunisians, they picked the wrong side, because the Obama Administration picked the other.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
Makes too much sense. US government would never do it. Wanna bet they cut Tunisia off?
Why should we consider giving $$$ to people who are making overtures of friendship, when we have so many hostile/enemy countries that we can reward?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
Why have embassies at all?
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

brimic

• friends
Why have embassies at all?

True.
We have mobile stealth embassies that can drop payloads of diplomacy anywhere at any time.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
I mkean can't we just rent a computer kiosk and folks can call a toll free line for assistance.
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

Bigjake

• friend
Lets hold off on showering them with aid til' the make good on the "killing the bad guys right back" part...

Otherwise,  just so many words.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
I mkean can't we just rent a computer kiosk and folks can call a toll free line for assistance.
No. Embassies are nests from which our spies operate.