Author Topic: A 12th Circuit Court  (Read 686 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
A 12th Circuit Court
« on: February 01, 2021, 08:36:13 AM »
HR320 has been introduced to create a 12th Circuit Court, separating the basically the non-coastal states from the coastal states in the 9th Circuit.  The sponsor/co-sponsor are both the Idaho reps, so it may not have the clout to go anywhere, but as the reasoning states, it could be benefical to both "groups" of states.

It’s no secret that Californians are flocking to our state. The differences between California and Idaho’s policies, values, and economies couldn’t be more different — and that’s what makes us an attractive destination for families and businesses alike. Despite these differences, our states have been lumped together into the Ninth District Court of Appeals — meaning cases for Idaho and western rural states like Arizona, Nevada, and Montana are heard in San Francisco by judges who may interpret federal laws with influence from a more metropolitan region. The addition of a new 12th  Circuit Federal Court would be beneficial for every state involved by lowering the overall caseload for each court. That is why I am cosponsoring H.R. 320.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/320
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: A 12th Circuit Court
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 09:42:23 AM »
It would be better if the court's decisions were directed by the Constitution and BoR.  That way location of the court would be meaningless.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 12:58:21 PM »
It would be better if the court's decisions were directed by the Constitution and BoR.  That way location of the court would be meaningless.

Dream on ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 12:04:32 AM »
Dream on ...

;) Where's the "like" button??
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 11:56:34 PM »
Wadda you, some kinda realist?  For shame on you.  Shame, shame, shame...

(But it would reduce case load.  Which means we could reduce their salaries, right?  )
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.