Author Topic: Man, Another Winning Week for Trump  (Read 3273 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Man, Another Winning Week for Trump
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2020, 11:14:40 AM »
https://twitter.com/bettemidler/status/1225264869663965184?s=21
The left can't take a joke.  The way he constantly trolls them is fun to watch.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »
I hated McConnell because he supposedly stopped CC reciprocity from coming up for a vote in the Senate after it passed the house.  Is that correct?
I thought it was the Hearing Protection Act they passed, but I don't remember.

I thought the House passed it at the tail end of the session knowing the Senate wouldn't have time to bring it up and it wouldn't have the votes to go to the floor.  If they really wanted it passed, they would have added it to one of the appropriations bills they passed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2020, 10:56:00 PM »
The timing is interesting. Aquittal, SOTU, victory lap speech, enoulments case stuffed, Vindman fired. Leftie rage intensifies.  All as Dem primary season hits high gear. Any D moderate and electable now stands no chance. Trump is the tar baby and they just keep swinging.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2020, 01:18:05 AM »
The timing is interesting. Aquittal, SOTU, victory lap speech, enoulments case stuffed, Vindman fired. Leftie rage intensifies.  All as Dem primary season hits high gear. Any D moderate and electable now stands no chance. Trump is the tar baby and they just keep swinging.

I don't get too far into the "Trump is like King Cyrus! He is God's chosen instrument!" stuff, but it does sometimes seem as if there is a larger force at work.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2020, 10:25:54 AM »
I don't get too far into the "Trump is like King Cyrus! He is God's chosen instrument!" stuff, but it does sometimes seem as if there is a larger force at work.

The only things infinite are the universe and human stupidity and we're not sure about the universe. I guess boundless dem stupidity can get filed under "the lord works in mysterious ways."

Steps to beat Trump.
1. Don't be a raving lunatic.
2. The end.

Dems: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2020, 11:56:03 AM »
Pelosi is too "woke" to ride in on a stallion. She'd ride a mare -- or maybe a gelding.
That made me think of this:
https://twitter.com/TexasChance/status/1225784411217678336?s=19