Author Topic: No Handwriting Allowed  (Read 4856 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: No Handwriting Allowed
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 12:26:59 PM »
Wait ...

If they proved so conclusively that communism was a dismal failure, how do you explain Obama, Hillary, and Bernie?
They think the right people weren't in charge of course. 

Also, it did work from their perspective.  The leaders of the movement got rich and lived pretty well off.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »
Loosley based on the handwritten vs typed, I sort of recently read an article that talked about H.P Lovecraft when he would send in letters to the editor talking down about some other author, and there was a response from some farmer. What was interesting was that the farmer apoligized for not writing in ink because a pencil was all he had. Was it considered impolite or low class or something to write in pencil back then or something?

Pencil would have been for the school room, rough drafts or private papers (not meant to be seen by others) Correspondence, official papers and other written documents were done in ink.

Compare it today to handing in a handwritten resume on lined notebook paper verses a printed one. The hand written one would get you some odd looks and may be taken as a sign of being lazy or uneducated.

Plus, if you think about it, ink on paper is much more legible, especially over time, then pencil, which is more likely to smear or get rubbed away.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 07:37:18 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic