Author Topic: George Costanza/ I HAD TO GO TO REGGIES! /George Costanza  (Read 1893 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
George Costanza/ I HAD TO GO TO REGGIES! /George Costanza
« on: September 21, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »
For those who get the Seinfeld reference.  =D

My favorite breakfast place (the Buffalo Cafe) in Twin Falls was inexplicably closed when I drove there this morning, so I had to go to the "Reggies" of Twin Falls - Idaho Joes. Though I have to say, despite generally mediocre reviews, they made me a fine steak and eggs this morning. But still...

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: George Costanza/ I HAD TO GO TO REGGIES! /George Costanza
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 10:43:26 AM »
I'm hoping to be able to hit my favorite diner on either my way to, or way home from, my Mom's house.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 11:42:08 AM »
Have a couple of places that are on the have to go to as soon as I get home list.

Corner Cafe, the original, in Riverside, MO is one of them.  http://www.thecornercafe.com/
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
Every little diner in my hometown is either gone or owned by someone completely different now.

The only "memories" restaurants are the KFC and the Hardees. Even Dairy Queen went out of business.

Still have one that we love in Northern Virginia, though. Great little mexican place: La Tolteca (or "Los Toltecos" at a couple of the other locations.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 12:05:38 PM »
"What about the steaks that were there when they closed? Do you think they got eaten?"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 12:58:51 PM »
I still remember the best breakfast I even had. It was a small diner on old U.S. Route 6 just west of Scranton, PA, in the autumn of 1972. I was driving through on a celebratory road trip after having had my thesis accepted at graduate school. I have no idea if the place is there now, but U.S. 6 is still there, so there's a chance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 02:29:05 PM »
We have several Greek families around town that have "greasy spoons".  Breakfasts are great!  Chili dogs are great!  Other Greek dishes are great as well.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw