Author Topic: British Court Upholds Right of Christians to Freely Express Their Faith  (Read 592 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/july/british-court-upholds-rights-of-christians-to-freely-express-their-faith?amp&__twitter_impression=true

A Christian student won his appeal in a UK appeals court on Tuesday after he was expelled from college for expressing his faith on sexual ethics in a debate on social media. 

Felix Ngole was dismissed from the University of Sheffield in 2016 where he was studying to become a social worker.

A little bit of good news in Great Britain. 

-------------
On the other hand, maybe it is still a mixed bag.
"Judges have reconvicted Tommy Robinson of contempt of court, after his previous conviction was quashed."
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/07/05/judges-re-convict-tommy-robinson-contempt-court/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
"Most of it is just expressing your faith which as a Christian country we should be able to do that."

Yes... England is officially a "Christian Country" with a Church of England... quite different from the USA.  They appear to be embarrassed by this though.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I'm sure the EU court of whatever will overturn it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
So Remain was right. I mean, they haven't even Brexited yet, and the UK is already doing Nazi things, like letting Christians express traditional Christian viewpoints.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
The Theist Patriarchy is taking over  :O 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
The Theist Patriarchy is taking over  :O 

Technically, it is Theist Matriarchy in Great Britian...

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Good point
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Don't worry, a bunch of SJWs will be along shortly to be offended on behalf of those who they feel should be offended but in reality for the most part couldn't give a .......
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes