Author Topic: The offical 2009 Prediction Thread  (Read 15462 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: The offical 2009 Prediction Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »
* Higher expenses for energy, as the "Global Warming" hysteria is used as an excuse to increase taxes and fees.  Expect it will include some form of "carbon tax" or a variation of the "Cap and trade" scam.
I believe the House passed one version, but there's been no further progress. Hopefully if this ugly scam surfaces again, 41 Republicans in the Senate can stop it.

* "Community Service" for all high school and college students will be proposed, but won't pass in 2009.
Well, it didn't pass . . . but it wasn't seriously pushed either.

* Serious consideration of a draft, for domestic "service" as well as the military.
Just a few mutterings from the usual suspects, but this issue gained no traction.

* Questions will persist about Obama being a "Natural Born" citizen.
WND's petition is up around 500,000 signatures, and the issue has been mentioned a few times on the news . . . but usually just to ridicule the "birthers." (It's popped up on signs at a few Tea Parties . . . )

* Amnesty and benefits for illegal aliens. (The GOP will fold on this, since most of them support it, too.)
Group of congressmen wanted benefits for illegals explicitly included in the health care bill, but this effort went nowhere. On the other hand, the health care bill has NO enforcement provision to keep illegals from benefitting. So they tried to impose part of this.

* Despite the economy, more US$ to UN-sponsored programs.
There must be SOMETHING in the Obama budget for this . . .

* US troops will become involved in a place where US interests are difficult to identify. (Central Africa? Balkans?)
Does Haiti count? (Oops, this is 2010. Never mind.)

* Obama (or his people) will openly meet with and overtly legitimize organizations like Hamas.
Does bowing to the king of the country that the 9/11 bombers came from count?

Plus unrest in the Middle East, hurricanes in the Southeast, and maybe even an earthquake in California.
One for three here . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
Does bowing to the king of the country that the 9/11 bombers came from count?

Given OBL has declared Jihad on that country?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
As requested, Balog.

Goes after other industries he doesn't like, coal, oil, defense all get screwed with as much as possible by the Dear Leaders admin.

Bit early there, Nostradamus.

Scandals and broken promises make him as hated GW is now.

Still working on it, but getting there.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »
Nitrogen was fairly far off, think.

1) Obama won't be as horrible as every conservative I know thinks, but he won't be as awesome as every liberal thinks.
 a) Congress refuses to push an AWB in fear for it's majority in the next 4 years.

2) Obama won't "change" much.

3) If the NRA doesn't grow up, it will fall further into irrelevancy, membership numbers dropping by 1/4 to 1/3 current numbers.

4) Illegal Aliens go back to Mexico as jobs evaporate

5) Were not as economically screwed as we think, but it still hurts for the next 4-6 years.  Real, skilled folks, and real workers continue to have jobs, while people propped up by too strong of a union (i.e. UAW workers), and other people that produce nothing in the economy end up poor and jobless

OK, number 5 is probably wishful thinking, but hey.

This administration is much worse than any conservative or liberal expected, just not in the way we thought. Obama has "changed" quite a bit, by way of reneging on various promises, and continuing the "failed politics of the past." The NRA rebounded after Newtown, and there is a children's crusade of illegals overwhelming our border.

These were good, if easy, predictions.

I predict that Obama will not be up to the task of administering the country, and that his loyal followers in the media and the electorate will do their best to conceal, confuse, or ignore that fact.

I predict it will strain the media's lying creative presentation skills to the max finding the good in all of the Obamaton's screw ups. I can see his slogan in 2012: "Anyone but Bush!" I mean if he can campaign against someone who isn't running once.....

I predict the media will at some point turn on O'Bama.  Media will be able to suppress stuff only so long before their own credibility begins to suffer.

Same ol' same for '09. Lots of noises of all sorts from the herd who will continue to do nothing but make noise as the movers and shakers bend them over collectively yet again.

Tiger

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »
* Amnesty and benefits for illegal aliens. (The GOP will fold on this, since most of them support it, too.)
They're still pushing this, with supporters on both sides of the aisle. (Rick Perry's Presidential bid tanked in large part because he gave tuition discounts to illegals in Texas.)

* Obama (or his people) will openly meet with and overtly legitimize organizations like Hamas.
OK, it wasn't Hamas, it was the Muslim Brotherhood that Obama supported in Egypt. I'll still count this as a "hit" even though they were ousted.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »
They're still pushing this, with supporters on both sides of the aisle. (Rick Perry's Presidential bid tanked in large part because he gave tuition discounts to illegals in Texas.)
OK, it wasn't Hamas, it was the Muslim Brotherhood that Obama supported in Egypt. I'll still count this as a "hit" even though they were ousted.

I thought Rick Perry folded because his debate prep was doing shots of Nyquil?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden