Author Topic: A Day Without a Woman  (Read 2015 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
A Day Without a Woman
« on: February 06, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
A Day Without a Woman, coming soon.

They understand that the jokes write themselves, don't they?

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/02/06/heavenly-womens-march-strikers-have-an-unlikely-supporter/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: A Day Without a Woman
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »
Some of those aborted fetuses have been on strike more than forty years now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »
Some years back, they had a "Day Without a Mexican" to demonstrate how essential Mexican buyers - mostly illegals - were to the local retail economy.

The next day, one of the local TV stations sent out a reporter to ask some store managers if sales were down. One of the responses was priceless:

"Sales drop? Not so you'd notice. But shoplifting dropped by 30%."

Not the answer they were looking for.   =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »
What's funny about these "day without an 'X' " race/gender/whatever things is that pretty much the only people that will participate are the unemployed, students, and people with jobs where it's really easy to take a day off, hence non-critical services for most people.

You really wanna have an impact? How about a "day without a plumber?". What are plumbers, maybe 2% of the population (SWAG)? Way less than any of these other groups, but I guarantee, if plumbers could take off without getting fired for not showing up to work, you'd notice.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »
What's funny about these "day without an 'X' " race/gender/whatever things is that pretty much the only people that will participate are the unemployed, students, and people with jobs where it's really easy to take a day off, hence non-critical services for most people.

You really wanna have an impact? How about a "day without a plumber?". What are plumbers, maybe 2% of the population (SWAG)? Way less than any of these other groups, but I guarantee, if plumbers could take off without getting fired for not showing up to work, you'd notice.  =D

Wow, what a great concept, we need a day without nurses, of course it is possible you will need a day with increased morticians for a few days after that. ;)

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »
How about a week with out trash collectors?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 07:13:05 PM »
How about a week with out trash collectors?

I was going to say a week without janitors, but then I thought "Well, no one is going to clean up after themselves and the poor janitors will come back and be screwed."

I think it would be the same deal with the trash collectors. Yes, the rest of the population would have to suffer the week of trash, but then the trash collectors would have twice as much work the next week while the rest of the population forgot the lesson they were supposed to learn.  =|
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 07:46:06 PM »
Every day around here, except every other Thursday when the Cleaning Lady comes, is a "Day Without a Woman".   So sorry, you are not missed.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 08:38:39 PM »
Family Mtnbkr and I had dinner on Hispanic strike day.

At a Mexican restaurant.

I felt so gringo...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 10:57:44 PM »
I was going to say a week without janitors, but then I thought "Well, no one is going to clean up after themselves and the poor janitors will come back and be screwed."

I think it would be the same deal with the trash collectors. Yes, the rest of the population would have to suffer the week of trash, but then the trash collectors would have twice as much work the next week while the rest of the population forgot the lesson they were supposed to learn.  =|
I think it would take more than week for trash collectors to not be noticed.  A couple weeks would be noticed more.

For janitors, it would depend on the office.  However, the lady that cleans our office is helping her daughter raise 4 kids.  She couldn't take a week without pay.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge