Author Topic: New video on trump campaign manager  (Read 6770 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: New video on trump campaign manager
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »
He's done stick a fork in him
Real question is how long before he's under bus
http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2016/03/29/corey-lewandowski-arrested-assault-battery-donald-trump-michelle-fields/?utm_content=buffer32f34&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Were this the ¡JEB! or Rubio or Cruz campaign, sure enough. 

The Trump campaign is not a university administration hen party easily set a-twitter by accusations from flighty females.

Looking at the video, comparing it to the histrionic & morphing accusations, and knowing the opposition, I think Trump's best move would be to keep Lewandowski on.  Both in terms of what is correct and in keeping his image as not the sort to be bullied by media and political castrati.

Then again, maybe I'm jaded.  I recall Bill Clinton before & after winning POTUS.  I saw political aides, Arkansas State Troopers, and Secret Service folk deal much more harshly with media who got a bit too up in Bill's face when he was transitioning.  Took careful note not to get between politician and security.  [Of course, when my sister visited during the 1992 campaign, I was showing her the Gov mansion & area she managed to drive her car through the  mansion's back round-about drive and lure out a very large Ark State Trooper.  He did not look pleased as I urged my sister to put her foot in it.]
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 05:56:50 PM »
Looking at the video, comparing it to the histrionic & morphing accusations, and knowing the opposition, I think Trump's best move would be to keep Lewandowski on.  Both in terms of what is correct and in keeping his image as not the sort to be bullied by media and political castrati.

Right. Trump was about to be bullied by his own press organ.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:29:18 PM »
He's on revision 3 or is it 4 on what happened now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 07:30:24 PM »
Remember they said" if it happened where's the video"   A real Gary hart moment

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 07:52:59 PM »
Essentially they're charging shoving in a large moving crowd?  Yeah, nothing political about that one.

That video looks like something a defendant would post to rebut the charge.  The triumphalism over how it applies to Trump just makes it even more blatantly political.

The media are frothing at the mouth to get Trump.  As much as Americans hate them, I guess there're still a sizeable number of us who'll line up at the drum beat anyway.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 08:17:33 PM »
Trump should do what rooster said and encourage folks to watch the video.

I'm not even a Trump supporter and I think this is stupid.

If you get up in a candidates grill ie getting in their personal space there is a good chance someone will put themselves in between you and them.

* just saw Trump interviewed, he says he is the one who provided and released the tapes because he believes they exonerate his guy. He said he is standing by him and not tossing him aside.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:40:33 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 09:20:36 PM »

If you get up in a candidates grill ie getting in their personal space there is a good chance someone will put themselves in between you and them.

* just saw Trump interviewed, he says he is the one who provided and released the tapes because he believes they exonerate his guy. He said he is standing by him and not tossing him aside.

He's right.  I had a hard time even seeing the contact in the video.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: New video on trump campaign manager
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 09:37:59 PM »
He's on revision 3 or is it 4 on what happened now

So hes keeping up with his accusers' revisions?

I think a lot of folk are seeing what they want to see in the video.  "He drags her to the ground with ill intent" or "He merely brushes by whilst giving her a blessing and a cookie."  Which is a sign the video is none too conclusive.  I am not sure what happened given the video but it surely does not line up with reporter gals first story.  Maybe story 3 or 4.

But like i wrote above i saw first hand much more conclusive and heavy manhandling of aggressive reporters during the 1992 campaign.  Yet none of those became a national cause for all the latent sir galahads to come a-galloping out on their keyboards.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 10:20:18 PM »
Where's that video clip of Huma Abedin shoving a woman at a Clinton event?

What's sauce for the gander should be sauce for the goose ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 10:29:24 PM »
Where's that video clip of Huma Abedin shoving a woman at a Clinton event?

What's sauce for the gander should be sauce for the goose ...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/flashback-hillary-aide-huma-abedin-pushes-supporter-no-charges-filed-video/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 10:39:40 PM »
That's the one.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 12:41:24 AM »

Add to the list of lies
Trump did not release tapes, unless he bought the police dept.
Remember the Donald was saying there were no tapes showing the assault therefore it never happened

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 12:42:44 AM »
So hes keeping up with his accusers' revisions?

I think a lot of folk are seeing what they want to see in the video.  "He drags her to the ground with ill intent" or "He merely brushes by whilst giving her a blessing and a cookie."  Which is a sign the video is none too conclusive.  I am not sure what happened given the video but it surely does not line up with reporter gals first story.  Maybe story 3 or 4.

But like i wrote above i saw first hand much more conclusive and heavy manhandling of aggressive reporters during the 1992 campaign.  Yet none of those became a national cause for all the latent sir galahads to come a-galloping out on their keyboards.
The accusers are fairly consistent
The Donald and fanbois not so much

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 06:09:51 AM »
The accusers are fairly consistent
The Donald and fanbois not so much

Have you seen the video?  You'd be hard pressed to see micro aggression

• friends
Re:
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 06:34:16 AM »
Which video? There are at least 3. The last one released got even the breitbart guy to admit he was wrong when he bad mouthed fields

Did you look at the video in the first link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 07:25:05 AM »
I'm not sure of what kind of attack is supposedly in that video, but I'm not seeing it after watching several times. ???
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

De Selby

• friend
Re:
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 07:37:00 AM »
Which video? There are at least 3. The last one released got even the breitbart guy to admit he was wrong when he bad mouthed fields

Did you look at the video in the first link?

That's the video I was talking about

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 07:52:04 AM »
The media are frothing at the mouth to get Trump.  As much as Americans hate them, I guess there're still a sizeable number of us who'll line up at the drum beat anyway.

That's odd. You weren't this skeptical when the media was frothing at the mouth to get George Zimmerman.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CypherNinja

• friend
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 09:38:26 AM »
The stop-motion security video doesn't show a lot.  He did reach out and pull her back from Trump.  It is hard to tell if it qualified as physical violence.  However, the police department apparently agreed that it fit the definition of battery in that state.  

It is just a misdemeanor.  He will probably pay a minor fine and move on.  It is the public denial and the attacks on the reporter that are more interesting with this.  Apparently the Trump strategy of "deny and attack, never defend" came from this guy at least in part and that is the strategy he took dealing with this.  It apparently pissed off the reporter enough that she realized what he did fit the definition of battery in that state and pressed charges.  I heard she worked for Breitbart and since they are all in for Trump, they refused to support her or allow the subject to be published and she resigned over it.  

This is basically a political soap opera.  However, the guy has a strange history and that is being used to to show what sort of people Trump has been surrounding himself with.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 09:40:55 AM »

That's odd. You weren't this skeptical when the media was frothing at the mouth to get George Zimmerman.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 09:55:36 AM »
1) Michelle Fields is ridiculously conservative. I doubt she would have wanted to make a big deal over this initially if for nothing else, to protect conservatives from bad press. All it would have taken would have been a behind the scenes apology, even just to her editor, at the first phone call and this would likely have all gone away with little fanfare. Instead, her pro Trump employer not only didn't back her up, but basically called her a liar. Ben Shapiro also resigned from Breitbart over the incident. Also, she was kicked off "Cashin' In" on Fox business, whose host is extremely pro Trump. Add to that all the changing narratives out of the Trump camp. Likely that's where politics came into play and she decided to make a big deal over it.

2) It's funny, because I know there have been many comments in the past on APS regarding how a "hands on" action as shown in Cypherninja's video URL was grounds for defending yourself, because you've just been attacked. I have to wonder how the comments here would run if it was Clinton's campaign manager doing this to someone.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
Re:
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 12:20:03 PM »
Even pollack has walked back his position admits he was wrong

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 02:23:17 PM »
He's done stick a fork in him
Real question is how long before he's under bus
http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2016/03/29/corey-lewandowski-arrested-assault-battery-donald-trump-michelle-fields/?utm_content=buffer32f34&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Looks like Trump is standing by his Campaign manager, proving your supposition wrong, yet again....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.