Author Topic: New video on trump campaign manager  (Read 6771 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: New video on trump campaign manager
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 02:34:55 PM »
It is just another in a continuing list of embarrassing moments for Trump.  His supporters will still support him.  Undecided Republicans will steer away. 

I don't really want Trump as my President, but I appreciate his fearlessness to just keep trudging along regardless of incidents like this.  It is a good lesson for future Repub candidates that they don't need to fear this stuff so much.  Most Repub candidates in the past have weakly apologised after stuff like this and sometimes just bowed out or been pushed out by the establishment. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 02:41:04 PM »
It is just another in a continuing list of embarrassing moments for Trump.  His supporters will still support him.  Undecided Republicans will steer away. 

I don't really want Trump as my President, but I appreciate his fearlessness to just keep trudging along regardless of incidents like this.  It is a good lesson for future Repub candidates that they don't need to fear this stuff so much.  Most Repub candidates in the past have weakly apologised after stuff like this and sometimes just bowed out or been pushed out by the establishment. 

Appeasing the left is the default setting for republicans. I'm pretty sure that the media backs trump and lets him get away with anything and everything because they know he is not much more than a practical joke played on a large number of people on the right.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 03:23:16 PM »
Appeasing the left is the default setting for republicans. I'm pretty sure that the media backs trump and lets him get away with anything and everything because they know he is not much more than a practical joke played on a large number of people on the right.
In most cases, I think it is appeasing the leftist media more than the left in general (a minor difference).  They don't seem to grasp that most Republican voters don't trust the media so there is no reason to suck up to them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 03:52:25 PM »

True.

I'm pretty sure that the media backs trump and lets him get away with anything and everything because they know he is not much more than a practical joke played on a large number of people on the right.

I think you may be right about that, too.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 05:01:36 PM »
At the risk of detracting from this intriguing story,

Anyone want to comment on the ease of charging someone with assault for roughly handling a reporter, as opposed to the difficulty of indicting a high ranking government official who refused to secure his/her illegal homebrew email server?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 07:20:06 PM »
At the risk of detracting from this intriguing story,

Anyone want to comment on the ease of charging someone with assault for roughly handling a reporter, as opposed to the difficulty of indicting a high ranking government official who refused to secure his/her illegal homebrew email server?
One involves law enforcement officials in Washington D.C. and the other involves law enforcement officials in flyover country.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2016, 07:23:39 PM »

That's odd. You weren't this skeptical when the media was frothing at the mouth to get George Zimmerman.

My views on Zimmerman came from the recorded 911 call and the police report.  My views on this come from the video. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2016, 07:25:18 PM »
THE video? Which one?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2016, 08:45:29 PM »
My views on Zimmerman came from the recorded 911 call and the police report.  My views on this come from the video. 

What do you feel about the corroborative audio?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2016, 09:45:30 PM »
What do you feel about the corroborative audio?

You mean the 911 call?  Start a separate thread for Zimmerman if you want to discuss.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 10:27:35 PM »
Any thread you chime in on becomes a Zimmerman thread. :lol:

My views on Zimmerman came from the recorded 911 call and the police report.  

You mean the NBC version of the 911 call, of course.  :P  But anyway, which of those sources said that Zimmerman looked like a sex offender? Also :P

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 01:08:49 AM »

Yeah, but DS was not the one who brought the white hispanic out to play, this time.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 03:35:34 AM »

You mean the NBC version of the 911 call, of course.  :P  But anyway, which of those sources said that Zimmerman looked like a sex offender? Also :P

I assume the clownish antics are meant to distract from just how obvious the fraud is in this case.  I'm sure many people feel justified in clowning Trump because the media keep calling him a clown.

The real joke is that a human being with actual beliefs (instead of talking points) is running for office, and commentators in the media can't believe how anyone would identify with that!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 06:40:24 AM »
He's got to be talking about Bernie now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 07:20:00 AM »
I assume the clownish antics are meant to distract from just how obvious the fraud is in this case.

I don't care why you act like a clown. Just please keep doing it!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
I assume the clownish antics are meant to distract from just how obvious the fraud is in this case.  I'm sure many people feel justified in clowning Trump because the media keep calling him a clown.

The real joke is that a human being with actual beliefs (instead of talking points) is running for office, and commentators in the media can't believe how anyone would identify with that!
By fraud, do you mean the charges against Trump's campaign manager, the campaign manager's attacks on the reporter, or the reporter's hurt over being grabbed on the arm?  

If it is the last, you need to look at the video again.  She was in fact pulled back away from Trump by the campaign manager.  The video is unclear on how much force was used to do it.  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:51:17 AM by MechAg94 »

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »
This is nothing but an attempt at a distraction.  (Just like the current "Here's two highly unlikely hypotheticals strung together.  What's your position on the result."  Abortion kerfuffle.   The correct answer should have been.  "Seriously you moron?!?!  You are supposed to be a journalist, ask me a real question about current policies and what changes I would make.....but I digress."

The reporter doesn't have a right to impede Trump's movement and refusal to answer further questions.  Getting pushed or pulled out of the way comes with the job of being a reporter, she's not the first to be jostled or grabbed by campaign staffers or Secret Service, nor will she be the last.

Suck it up, Buttercup.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2016, 11:41:14 AM »

The reporter doesn't have a right to impede Trump's movement and refusal to answer further questions.  Getting pushed or pulled out of the way comes with the job of being a reporter, she's not the first to be jostled or grabbed by campaign staffers or Secret Service, nor will she be the last.

Suck it up, Buttercup.

Yeah, but Trump's current narrative is that "She could have had a knife, or a pen!". Seems like a Secret Service thing, not a campaign manager thing. Secret Service didn't seem to be concerned.

http://twitchy.com/2016/03/29/donald-trump-tells-cnntownhall-that-michelle-fields-could-have-had-a-knife-or-a-dangerous-pen/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »
This is nothing but an attempt at a distraction.  (Just like the current "Here's two highly unlikely hypotheticals strung together.  What's your position on the result."  Abortion kerfuffle.   The correct answer should have been.  "Seriously you moron?!?!  You are supposed to be a journalist, ask me a real question about current policies and what changes I would make.....but I digress."

Would that GOPe and the the knights of the round keyboard had taken after left-wing opponents with as much verve.  Might have been able to pull sad-sack Mitt Romney over the finish line in 2012.

Suck it up, Buttercup.

Seeing video of the reporter in question makes me all the more grateful for my daughter, who does not whine & snivel when playing with the boys (co-ed soccer) or girls 2-3x her weight (basketball) results in her getting knocked about(0).  Compare that to a grown woman going on & on about what may(1) have occurred and how it was almost as bad as her father's death.

What's worse is the gaggle of supposedly conservative keyboard galahads--who ought to know better--self-pleasuring their inner cultural marxist for all to see.  They've got a word for that, now.

FTR, I find the video inconclusive, neither proof of or proof against allegations of battery.  Also, Trump, Lewandowski, _and_ Fields all have pasts which provide insight as to how we might weigh their post-incident pronouncements.

(0) And more bruised & bloodied than the images thus far posted about this incident.

(1) See previous post about seeing what we want to see in blurry video or images.  "I swear, I saw Gawd in my dog's butt!"

Or not.

"Hey, the Virgin Mary appeared in the windows on the side of a building in Clearwater, Florida!"

"Huh?  Well, I'll be da...."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2016, 12:30:04 PM »
You mean the 911 call?  Start a separate thread for Zimmerman if you want to discuss.
No the audio of the2 reporters immediately after he grabbed her
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »
I don't recall anyone here saying the incident itself was some sort of violent act beyond pointing out something happened.  I agree with some comments above (and I heard the idea elsewhere also) that the incident wasn't a big deal and the reporter probably thinks that also.  It was the response of the campaign manager after the fact that triggered the charges and led to the current discussion.  As they say, it isn't the scandal, it is the cover up that gets you.  

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2016, 01:22:25 PM »
Yeah, but Trump's current narrative is that "She could have had a knife, or a pen!". Seems like a Secret Service thing, not a campaign manager thing. Secret Service didn't seem to be concerned.

http://twitchy.com/2016/03/29/donald-trump-tells-cnntownhall-that-michelle-fields-could-have-had-a-knife-or-a-dangerous-pen/

There is some schadenfreude here of watching him fall into the MSM's trap.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2016, 08:41:37 PM »
If it is the last, you need to look at the video again.  She was in fact pulled back away from Trump by the campaign manager.  The video is unclear on how much force was used to do it.  

I've looked at two videos, multiple times each. I certainly agree that the video(s) is (are) "unclear on how much force was used." In fact, to me it doesn't appear that the reporter was "pulled back away from Trump" so much as simple having had a hand laid on her arm as a restraining gesture. I didn't see anything that looked even remotely like an "assault." Based on what I saw in the videos, I'd guess that I have handled women who were strangers to me more roughly while assisting them up the (rather steep) stairs into my local post office.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
I've looked at two videos, multiple times each. I certainly agree that the video(s) is (are) "unclear on how much force was used." In fact, to me it doesn't appear that the reporter was "pulled back away from Trump" so much as simple having had a hand laid on her arm as a restraining gesture. I didn't see anything that looked even remotely like an "assault." Based on what I saw in the videos, I'd guess that I have handled women who were strangers to me more roughly while assisting them up the (rather steep) stairs into my local post office.
Personally, I really doubt anything violent happened either.  At this point, she is just looking to punish that campaign manager.  I really doubt the guy would get much of a fine much less jail time for the misdemeanor they are charging him with.  I doubt it will even go to trial.  It is just a political mess for Trump at this point because of the way it got handled then blew up.  Bad timing also. 

brimic

• friends
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2016, 12:10:55 AM »
It seems like every man Fields has been near has groped, manhandled, or assaulted her.
I can't tell if she's the type of victim that incites a predatory response in predators, a professional victim, or an attention whore.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama