Author Topic: Honda Insight Penis  (Read 829 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Honda Insight Penis
« on: February 28, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »
Somebody's HOA tried to fine them because after a snowfall, the parking footprint of their Honda insight looked like a penis.  :rofl:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hoa-threatens-resident-with-fine-after-car-leaves-penis-shape-in-snow-report
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Honda Insight Penis
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 10:13:43 AM »
Think the HOA is trying to shaft him
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 10:22:06 AM »
The response from the HOA was not good enough, not even close.
The home owner ought to send them a "bag of male genitalia" from one of the anonymous outfits.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 10:37:01 AM »
I hate HOAs with a passion. A bunch of worthless busybodies who have way too much power.

I would do everything in my power to find out who reported this "for the children" and do as RKL said and send them a giant "bag of male genitalia". along with a companion bag for the HOA.

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 10:37:51 AM »
I'm not exactly a big fan of truck nuts, but it would be awfully funny if she decked out her car with some of those.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
That HOA has a lot of balls.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
Yet another demonstration of why I will never live in a residence that is controlled by an HOA.*

* = Heavily Oppressive aholes
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 01:23:41 PM »
Complainant just jazzing the HOA, suspects me.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
Yet another demonstration of why I will never live in a residence that is controlled by an HOA.*

* = Heavily Oppressive aholes

Add me to your newsletter, please.  Yep.  HOAs suck
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 07:57:34 AM »
Hey, while I might agree with the idea that HOAs suck, let's look at this from the point of view of the HOA official. He or she gets a complaint.  Doesn't matter if it's ridiculous or a gag or the complainant is just a plain old tightassed moralist.

You get a complaint, you have to handle it.  You know damned well if you just "file" it, there will probably be repurcussions... and besides, it's probably somewhere in the bylaws that you have to.  So you forward the complaint to the respondent.  Respondent replies with a reasonable response, i.e., respondent is not in control of snowfall patterns.

But respondent mentions this somewhere on the net and from there, it gets blown out of proportion... especially since it involved (tee-hee, giggle-giggle) a "sex" thing.

HOA minion forwards response to complainant and that seems to be that.  End of process.

We see it here and jump on the HOAs suck bandwagon.  Which may or might not be  universally true, but what an opportunity.

Meantime, HOA minion was just doing what he or she was supposed to do.

BFD.

Terry

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 09:18:05 AM »
Hey, while I might agree with the idea that HOAs suck, let's look at this from the point of view of the HOA official. He or she gets a complaint.  Doesn't matter if it's ridiculous or a gag or the complainant is just a plain old tightassed moralist.

You get a complaint, you have to handle it.  You know damned well if you just "file" it, there will probably be repurcussions... and besides, it's probably somewhere in the bylaws that you have to.  So you forward the complaint to the respondent.  Respondent replies with a reasonable response, i.e., respondent is not in control of snowfall patterns.

They didn't just handle it - they threatened to fine the person $100. Handling it would have been a, "do you know what this is about?" email. If they want to avoid repercussions, they could bring it up at the monthly HOA meeting with the complainant present and show the picture on a projection screen so everyone can laugh at him or her. :)

Also, why did they pick on this person in the complaint? Even if it was done on purpose, what's to keep random kids from picking an empty parking space and drawing a wiener (though it's hard to tell that's a wiener if you weren't first told it was)? The HOA had zero evidence that the homeowner was involved in any way. It's like a city fining a store owner because gangbangers graffitied the sidewalk in front of their store.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 01:19:50 PM »
"They didn't just handle it - they threatened to fine the person $100. "

"Threatened?"  Or advised.  I'm not that deep into this particular case, but I suspect that a mere advisement pursuant to procedure got transformed into a "threat."  I mean, why not call two rifles and a brick of ammo an arsenal for effect?  Same thing.

I'm not saying the whole thing wasn't ridiculous, I'm saying look at the whole situation, not just what a breathless wide-eyed poster might have said.

Yes, it's amusing, but.

As I've often told my young 'uns, "Try to put the other person's head on your shoulders."

Anyhow, I'm done with this particular dog pack ki-yi-ing.

Terry
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 01:34:39 PM by 230RN »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 02:31:43 PM »
I hope the resident buys a clapped out old harley for the warmer weather and strategically parks it every time its ridden to make a more permanent oil stain over time..
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 03:28:26 PM »
I was curious how much this homeowner participated in the HOA meetings. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge