Author Topic: Problem with LED bulbs  (Read 7877 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Problem with LED bulbs
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 09:33:17 AM »
groan

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 11:54:10 AM »
Stuff like that scares me. I yearn to be tech free before I die. Some day I will throw away everything electronic and move to a cabin in the woods. When my pot bellied stove emits less heat- I will be prompted "wirelessly" to add wood.   

Metal is tech.  =D

Honestly, EVERYTHING not scooped up directly and shoved in your mouth is technology. Some tech is more reliable than other tech, but nothing is without its draw backs.

I prefer lowest tech solutions. This approach is sometimes "a pen and paper" (like when I go to Defcon), and sometimes is "Geographically dispersed high availability server cluster, with delta block replicated backend SANs." You use the most reliable tech possible to do what you want to do. A rule of thumb is lowest tech, simplest processes, minimal (ideally no) interaction and fewest moving parts. It is just a rule of thumb, and sometimes simplest/lowest/minimal/fewest is not the best. 

Technology does not have to be cumbersome, unreliable, etc.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KimBurke

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 04:04:36 AM »
What kind of led lights, and where?

i think they have coating of gold as people love to steal them [ar15] [ar15]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:00:09 PM by KimBurke »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
Y2K38? :facepalm:

I turn 65 in 2039, the Y2K38 problem is probably the reason my 401k(s) will not longer be solvent and what SS I was supposed to get, got swallowed up by Pac-man's ghost.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 09:16:10 AM »
I turn 65 in 2039, the Y2K38 problem is probably the reason my 401k(s) will not longer be solvent and what SS I was supposed to get, got swallowed up by Pac-man's ghost.

Cheer up!
SS will be long insolvent and your 401K will have been confiscated nationalized and redistributed to those who need it more by then.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »
There are supposed to be LEDs coming out that will work in a standard fixture, with existing wiring, but are individually addressable by a switching system that signals through the 120v wiring.  How's that for a convenient retrofit?

Brad
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:48:17 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »