Author Topic: Gun show AAR  (Read 483 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Gun show AAR
« on: February 23, 2014, 12:27:30 AM »
Went to a fair sized guns show today.
http://grandamericanarmsshows.com/
Not as big as the Wanenmacher show but still a good one.
The last several shows I've been to have been way too crowded and prices for most things have been insane.
Today's show was not crowded, you could actually move around and not have to wait for the crowd to pass by before you could look at a table. Prices for ammo and reloading components were normal (by today's standards)
So, a sign that either the great gun panic has fallen off or the economy is in worse shape than I've thought.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Gun show AAR
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 12:38:41 AM »
So, a sign that either the great gun panic has fallen off or the economy is in worse shape than I've thought.

Both.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 03:31:07 AM »
The Chisholm Trail gun show held twice a year just north of Wichita, KS is pretty big, and coming up in March. Back when I lived there I always made sure to go to that one. Don't think it had as many tables as that Grand American Arms Show, 2200! :O
And that Wanenmacher gun show, 4200 tables! "If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,200 tables, You will have 15.4 seconds to look at each table." :O
I might need to take some time off and visit.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »
Do your gun shows leave enough room the aisles so 2 people can pass without having to turn sideways and squeeze past each other?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »
I've actually never been to a gun show.

I don't like crowds.

=|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 12:44:20 PM »
The Chisholm Trail gun show held twice a year just north of Wichita, KS is pretty big, and coming up in March. Back when I lived there I always made sure to go to that one. Don't think it had as many tables as that Grand American Arms Show, 2200! :O
And that Wanenmacher gun show, 4200 tables! "If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,200 tables, You will have 15.4 seconds to look at each table." :O
I might need to take some time off and visit.

I'll look at the 2200 table claim as a bit of hype by the promoter. I've seen the same show in the same location filled wall to wall, this one was "contracted" some. The Wanemacher show is the real deal it fills the Tulsa Expo building which has 448,400 total square feet of floor space.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 01:13:32 PM »
The Wanenmacher show is a definite must-see at least once.  If you want something, not matter how odd, esoteric, weird, strange, or rare, someone there will have three. 

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB