Author Topic: U.S. To Train 3,000 OffShore IT Workers  (Read 1753 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
U.S. To Train 3,000 OffShore IT Workers
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:22 AM »
http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/integration/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=226500202

Summary:  Obama Administration training Asian workers, including 3,000 IT workers.  36 million dollars ($10 million of federal money) will be spent training these and other workers.  The IT workers will then go to work for outsourcing companies.  Obama playing the same old tired tune, blames Bush for creating tax loopholes that makes it easier to offshore.  At a fundraiser in Atlanta, Obama boasted of his efforts to reduce offshoring.  He stated that he has implemented "a plan that’s focused on making our middle class more secure and our country more competitive in the long run -- so that the jobs and industries of the future aren’t all going to China and India, but are being created right here in the United States of America."   No these jobs are not going to China or India, but to Sri Lanka.

I really cannot think of anything to say about this except more of the same.   :facepalm:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

longeyes

• friend
Re: U.S. To Train 3,000 OffShore IT Workers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
Feed your corporate donors.  BHO understands this.  Fascism is the collaboration of nefarious big government and big business. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »
America needs a suicide hot line.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »
What I don't get is, what does this Gain Obama and/or his administration?

Sure, I can see ANY government agency being stupid enough to do this, I can't even fathom what the excuse is, though.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 08:19:44 PM »
He stated that he has implemented "a plan that’s focused on making our middle class more secure and our country more competitive in the long run -- so that the jobs and industries of the future aren’t all going to China and India, but are being created right here in the United States of America."   No these jobs are not going to China or India, but to Sri Lanka.

I must have been asleep. When was Sri Lanka admitted to the union? Should I head over to Wal-Mart and buy a flag with 51 stars? (Or wait for the ones with 56 stars?)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »
I must have been asleep. When was Sri Lanka admitted to the union? Should I head over to Wal-Mart and buy a flag with 51 stars? (Or wait for the ones with 56 stars?)

More like 60 with the addition of Mexico. :P
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
What I don't get is, what does this Gain Obama and/or his administration?

Sure, I can see ANY government agency being stupid enough to do this, I can't even fathom what the excuse is, though.

Maybe our President has an excessive interest in promoting The Third World, could that be it?  After all, it is they who are his ultimate constituency.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:49:46 AM »
"After all, it is they who are his ultimate constituency."

Suspiciously plausible.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.