Author Topic: U.N Human Rights Council - Is it April 1st Today?  (Read 2659 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
U.N Human Rights Council - Is it April 1st Today?
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »
How are they not an international laughingstock?

Additionally, all the US based NGO representatives that reported us should be forced to spend a half year in Somalia or somewhere similar.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11/04/united-nations-human-rights-council/?test=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: U.N Human Rights Council - Is it April 1st Today?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:34:50 PM »
Yea, did you see who is on the commission?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 12:37:58 PM »
You know, I was thinking about this when I heard the story.  "Why would they want to come after the U.S. when there are so many places in the world that are several orders of magnitude worse when it comes to human rights?"

And then the answer popped into my head.  It's safe.  We're not gonna round up all their people and throw them into some dungeon for accusing us of human rights violations.  Those other places might.  We're not gonna torture them for the same.  Those other places might.  We're not gonna shoot them for saying these things.  Other places might.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
Heh. Obama thought he could be their pal by attending. Bush knew enough to ignore the thing entirely.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 01:18:21 PM »
Can't we revoke the title on the UN building?  Why don't we make them relocate to Ciudad Juarez? 
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »
And then the answer popped into my head.  It's safe.  We're not gonna round up all their people and throw them into some dungeon for accusing us of human rights violations.  Those other places might.  We're not gonna torture them for the same.  Those other places might.  We're not gonna shoot them for saying these things.  Other places might.

Yup. It's not even that the US "allows" them critical speech. We consider it a human right. Hence the irony of our wacko NGOs, populated by trust fund babies, all crying about how ruthless we are. Even a couple of days in the non-tourist parts of certain other countries would have them in the fetal position crying out for their therapist.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 02:03:06 PM »
I think its important to remember that the international conception of human rights is a far cry from our own.  Our own conception centers on the government and negative rights,  You have a right not to be beaten/arrested without cause ect.  While the international conception of human rights are positive rights, you have a RIGHT to to Food, clothing, shelter, vacation, medical care, meaningful hobbies of your own choosing [I wish I was making that up] ect.

Positive rights are a farce as they are in their nature not self-fulfilling and require theft/action of others.  A Right to advanced surgery, well that requires there be a surgeon, what does he have to say about it?  Well, no problem, we will pay him with the cash from citizen 3... After all, the surgeon performed quite poorly after his only incentive was not being beaten.  Citizen 3 [henceforth to be called Fistfull] can be beaten with impunity.   :police:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »
Can't we revoke the title on the UN building?  Why don't we make them relocate to Ciudad Juarez? 

I am all for that....maybe relocate the building to Afghanistan or Iraq.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 02:21:19 PM »

Think about what a boost it would be to their economies.   :angel:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

wuluf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »

Turn it into something useful..like a Target.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »

At least to the "sex workers" in their economy. They say the UN folk are not particular as to age...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »
I vote for Somalia or one of those.  The UN would then hire all the pirates for security. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 12:18:40 AM »
Neither drug dealers nor pimps of child prostitutes pay any taxes.
I hope the next US president, whoever it is, orders the building demolished while occupied.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 01:51:04 AM »

In fairness, they are just blowing hot air.  I've hung out and gotten drunk with more than a few UN folks, including one of their special units.  To the last man, they'd rather cut their own throats than ever invade the US.  We have an international reputation for being both exceedingly passive (fat, stupid and lazy), but also for exceedingly aggressive whenever we overcome our passiveness.  Not saying I agree or disagree, but that is our reputation.   

Honestly, I see no advantages to playing nice to folks like this or the international organizations that promote this pointless rhetoric.  The only proper American response is to ignore them and refuse to validate their hypocrisy.  Well, the true American response would be to raze the UN building to the ground and salt the earth, but I'll settle for less.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 08:42:22 AM »

Mexico City would be good enough....think of all the ransom money to be earned....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
In the past, didn't we "officially" ignore these clowns?

Leave it to BHO & company to send someone to bow and scrape (figuratively, at least) before tyrants and dictators.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain