Author Topic: U.S. finds long-lost diary of top Nazi leader, Hitler aide  (Read 1489 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
U.S. finds long-lost diary of top Nazi leader, Hitler aide
« on: June 10, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/10/us-nazi-diary-idUSBRE9590MG20130610

The long lost Alfred Rosenberg diary is found.  Rosenberg played a central roll in the Holocaust, he was tried at Nuremberg and hanged in 1946.  Is diary went missing after the trial.  It was always suspected that a Nuremberg prosecutor, Robert Kempner, smuggled the diary back to the US.

DHS-ICE and the Holocaust museum tried to locate the missing diary pages, earlier this year.  It was found.

Here is my question:  With everything that is going on in the world today, why is DHS-ICE investigating this from so long ago?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: U.S. finds long-lost diary of top Nazi leader, Hitler aide
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »
When you plan on wronging someone, you study previous mistakes of those who tried something similar, so as not to make the same mistakes?   [tinfoil]

Or, it has become a national security issue to control rhetoric coming from Iran, in particular regarding anti-semitism and denial of the holocaust.  A piece of primary source literature that acts as a confession of guilt of someone from 75 years ago would do a good job of that.  DHS/ICE is involved because it would have been a Customs issue to import it (meh, I'd call is war spoils for the prosecutor actually), and/or because it's a "Homeland Security" issue due to its possible relevance to US-Iranian relations.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
Original Customs violation?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »

Here is my question:  With everything that is going on in the world today, why is DHS-ICE investigating this from so long ago?

They saw all the other agencies violating privacy, and wanted a piece of the action. Next, they'll start seizing diaries of all the recently deceased. Then the almost deceased. Then those who will someday decease.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 12:52:58 PM »
Did you miss the memo?

DHS has evolved to a All Purpose National Police Force- They will be issuing speeding tickets soon.
 Sort of a swiss army knife of cops.