Author Topic: The Great Liberal Freakout  (Read 3128 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
The Great Liberal Freakout
« on: November 29, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/11/the-great-liberal-freakout.php

A good read, (284 words.) The author is right, some things never change.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: The Great Liberal Freakout
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:11:16 PM »
Great punch line.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 06:51:06 PM »
Trump won. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:20:46 PM »
Trump won. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:00:31 PM »
Some of you need to brave the temptations of sin/old girlfriends from bible camp or whatever the threats are that make people proudly proclaim "Nothing good comes of Facebook", and get on some social media platforms.

The stuff that's "killing it" in this thread is all two-three weeks old. In internet time, that's like "infinity in dog years", or something.   =D
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 08:14:57 PM »
The stuff that's "killing it" in this thread is all two-three weeks old. In internet time, that's like "infinity in dog years", or something.   =D

That don't make it un-hilarious.  =)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 08:46:32 PM »
Great punch line.

Ditto.  Had me going there...

But then again, I'm one uh them gullible deploaribbles.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 09:14:24 PM »
Some of you need to brave the temptations of sin/old girlfriends from bible camp or whatever the threats are that make people proudly proclaim "Nothing good comes of Facebook", and get on some social media platforms.

No social media for me.

Life moves a little slower in Scranton, Pennsylvania. And that's the way we like it. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 09:30:59 PM »

No social media for me.

Life moves a little slower in Scranton, Pennsylvania. And that's the way we like it. :)

"That coal-scarred city where children play without despair in backyard slag-piles, and folks manage to eat each day...
Just about thirty thousand pounds of bananas."
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »

Pretty much. I rarely ever used Facebook in the past until this election season where I found it to be a great place to troll liberals and drink their salty tears in real time.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 10:22:04 AM »
Another 'old' internet joke. Hillary Clinton was a professional politician with over 30 years of experience, epic war chests of bribes and the complete lockstep support of the media. And lost to a guy who picked up politics as a hobby a year or two ago.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 03:29:17 PM »
Another 'old' internet joke. Hillary Clinton was a professional politician with over 30 years of experience, epic war chests of bribes and the complete lockstep support of the media. And lost to a guy who picked up politics as a hobby a year or two ago.

That's not an internet joke. That's a flesh-and-blood, meatspace joke, named Hillary Clinton. Big as life and twice as ugly.

Also, you forgot the part where she's Most Qualified Human Ever.  ;/

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 06:07:12 AM »
The whole time I was reading that I was thinking "I remember people freaking out like this in 1980 when Reagan was elected..."

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.