Author Topic: social worker lady fired because she has a ccw.  (Read 1032 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
social worker lady fired because she has a ccw.
« on: March 10, 2018, 02:09:26 PM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/03/10/seriously-virginia-social-worker-is-fired-because-she-had-a-concealed-carry-perm-n2459492

social worker lady fired because she has a ccw.
not fired for bringing it to work, fired because she simply has the permit.
bigotry is cool i guess
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: social worker lady fired because she has a ccw.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 02:23:09 PM »
She should'a got a permit to have a concealed carry permit, which permits you to keep your concealed carry permit concealed.

If true as presented, that might make an interesting case, but it sounds like it might have been deliberately precipitated.  Besides, I thought (I could be wrong) that a lot of "civilian" personnel who deal with the rougher side of society (like social workers) or are Officers of the Court, have permits.

And for damned good reasons.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 03:09:39 PM »
interesting case, it seems as if a lot of trolls are claiming to know her and she denies it.
not every state has laws protecting the anonymity of gun owners.
Also, she is an online rep for outdoors companies ( I believe ) so its on her social media she has guns.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 06:53:07 PM »
Their Facebook page is starting to melt...

https://m.facebook.com/RoanokeHumanSocialServices/?tsid=0.5705023945838399&source=result

Not many replies yet but the ones extant are less than exultatory. I predict it will become a very popular place soon.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:04:29 PM »
How will the lawsuit turn out?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 07:12:16 PM »
If this woman had a pilot's license . . . would that be evidence she was planning a kamikaze attack?

Taking the story at face value . . . makes me think Virginia bureaucrats are insane.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 12:06:28 PM »
If this woman had a pilot's license . . . would that be evidence she was planning a kamikaze attack?

Like.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
That woman was fired for being an idiot.  Several people in that office have CCWs and they have not been fired.

Fake news is fake.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »
there's a hell of a lot more to her being fired than simply having a CCW. 

More phony outrage from the usual suspects
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 05:26:20 PM »
This sounded like one of those stories where I will wait and see.  I want to see a little more (about the story I mean).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »

If true as presented, that might make an interesting case, but it sounds like it might have been deliberately precipitated.  Besides, I thought (I could be wrong) that a lot of "civilian" personnel who deal with the rougher side of society (like social workers) or are Officers of the Court, have permits.

And for damned good reasons.

Terry

Note the "if true as preented."  Bolding added in the quote.  Sounded kind of hokey in the first place, per my following remarks.

T.