Author Topic: Breaking news... Anthony Scaramucci is apparently out of his job...  (Read 1462 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
News crawls. No stories yet.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Breaking news... Anthony Scaramucci is apparently out of his job...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:57:14 PM »
What I just heard on the radio is that the Mooch claimed to report directly to the President, and that the new Chief o' Staff didn't cotton to such notions.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
Confirmed, even on his old network, Fox News. The story there indicates that Kelly is in fact the guy who gave him the boot, and that Spicer's and Priebus' departures were actually both protests due to Scaramucci getting the job.

Pretty big mess IMO. As I said before, Scaramucci actually has an excellent grasp of the economy. Maybe he should have been put into some kind of economic advisor role that would have kept him behind the scenes. Starting only a couple of hours into his appointment, he just came off as a privileged frat boy with an attitude that's all hat and no cattle.  I don't care what his expertise is, with his mouth he had no business in the roll Trump gave him. Not to mention that he somehow believed that "off the record" with a reporter is off the record.

Really bad decision by the President for appointing him to the wrong roll, and between people quitting and getting booted so frequently, is really making this look like the credits in the Benny Hill Show.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
I was just coming to post this.

What's going on here!? How am I supposed to sit back and watch it all burn (hilariously) if Trump keeps firing the comic relief!?!?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 03:40:02 PM »
Poor guy can't even use the "I wanted to spend more time with my family" excuse.  :'(
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 04:46:23 PM »
Being the perpetual optimist that I am (in between periods of being a perpetual pessimist), I harbor faint hopes that this will end up being A GOOD THING (tm). I didn't trust Priebus, and the only reason I could think of for Trump giving him the Chief of Staff position was to keep a close eye on him. It won't surprise me if it comes out that he was the source of many of the leaks.

Scaramucci was a colossal mistake. He won't be missed. I gots nuttin' more to say about dat.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 04:56:59 PM »
My thought on Preibus was that he was supposed to be the go-between to Congress ("Hey, I raised the money that got you elected.") to help get Trump legislative initiatives push through.   He obviously failed at that.  And as "Door-keeper" to the Oval Office, as apparently anyone could walk in any time.

Congress has proven to be the Stupid Part of the Stupid Party.  They are just begging to be put out of a job come next fall. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 05:02:18 PM »
Hey, we might get Kid Rock in Michigan.  Latest poll shows him walking all over present Sen. Debbie StabUnow.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 08:46:02 PM »
Being the perpetual optimist that I am (in between periods of being a perpetual pessimist), I harbor faint hopes that this will end up being A GOOD THING (tm). I didn't trust Priebus, and the only reason I could think of for Trump giving him the Chief of Staff position was to keep a close eye on him. It won't surprise me if it comes out that he was the source of many of the leaks.

Scaramucci was a colossal mistake. He won't be missed. I gots nuttin' more to say about dat.
I didn't care, but it seems positive.  Then the last 4 or 5 days the news headlines have been about his blabbing to the media about all sorts of stuff.  He was talking about stopping the leaks while talking to the media about all sorts of stuff.  Or so it seemed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 08:47:19 PM »
oh, its allll good.
priebus probably was a leaker.
the mooch is anti gun, which means he's stupid or evil.
Trump is on a troll, oops I mean roll.
if he can get another scotus pick and we end up with national reciprocity?
I'll vote R for eternity, will instruct my close friends to register me after I die to vote R too
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 11:56:53 PM »
I don't care what his expertise is, with his mouth he had no business in the roll Trump gave him.
\

I was thinking today that if Trump really wanted that attitude in that job, he should've gotten Penn Jillette so it would be intentionally hilarious.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 12:31:23 AM »
\

I was thinking today that if Trump really wanted that attitude in that job, he should've gotten Penn Jillette so it would be intentionally hilarious.

Maybe we can talk both Penn and Teller to run for Senate.   What state do they live in.... Nevada?

Yep, Nevada.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 08:29:22 AM »
My little (2yo) girl, a few days ago, we thought was listening to the radio as she said, under her breath, "Scawamuichi, heh, heh, heh"

I had assumed she just found the name funny. Now, I'm pretty sure she's been behind the firings at the White House and was making her hit list.

I'm watching her closely now.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought