Main Forums > The Roundtable

I'm Thinking About a Gucci Glock

<< < (3/3)

dogmush:
Does the shadow systems fit your G45 holsters?

Ben:

--- Quote from: dogmush on January 20, 2023, 05:32:35 PM ---Does the shadow systems fit your G45 holsters?

--- End quote ---

Like a glove. The only G45 specific holster I have right now is a Gunfighters OWB. The other holster is that Tier1 I forget the name multigun appendix holster that locks on the TLR1 light. The OWB holster is what I've been wearing around the farm. For citified CC, I need to decide if I want to run the big ass TLR1 on the XR or get a dedicated appendix holster from Tier 1.

Ben:
Well, I was able to do the 200 round break-in at the gun club this morning. I had exactly one FTF, the classic Shadow Systems kind shown on all the videos. A quick tap seated the round. I was shooting both Glock and Pmags (the SS comes with Pmags). When I'm at the range, I usually just load my higher cap mags to 15 rounds, so a 17 rounder gets 15, just for easier counting for me. My last two Pmags had the full 17, and one of them had the FTF after the first round fired. It could be the mag, or it could be the gun, as again, it was the most common one for this pistol, where the round almost makes it into the chamber and hangs, and a quick mag tap or push on the slide fully seats it. So I'll probably do another 200 rounds with fully loaded mags just to be sure before I put it in the carry rotation.

Otherwise, I am REALLY likening it. I had my G45 with me as well and was doing more side by side comparisons. I am definitely more accurate with the XR920. Also, interestingly, it has much, much less of that "plastic pistol vibration" than the G45. It's something I usually don't notice, but it really stood out on the side by side, moreso from me negatively noticing the vibration in the Glock compared to the XR920. The XR920 is lighter, so you would think it would be the opposite, but there it is.

I was actually expecting more FTFs, as all the youtube videos seemed to indicate it's pretty common to get at least several until all the parts work in. I did probably rack the slide and dry fire it a couple hundred times while watching TV, so that might have helped with break in.

Anyway, it was just an absolute pleasure to shoot. I'll probably still carry the G45 around the farm as I consider it a "knock around" gun that I don't care about getting dinged up, but the Shadow Systems is definitely going into the carry rotation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version