Author Topic: Very useful information...  (Read 1010 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Very useful information...
« on: March 26, 2007, 07:15:59 AM »
Recently when my Father died I was away from home for 3 weeks.

Anyone who gets a lot of mail knows what a pain in the butt it is to come back and find several days worth of mail jammed into your box.

I had Mtnbkr come by once to clean it out, but I hate asking him to do that on his way home from work because of the traffic congestion and cutting into time with his family.

That particular problem isn't a problem anymore.

You can now stop your mail via the USPS website, plus a number of other useful services: http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforreceivingmail/welcome.htm

Good information if you're ever caught away from home for some reason.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Very useful information...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 07:28:49 AM »
Thanks Mike, that is so easy!

I used to pick up a form at the post office and leave it on the mailbox for my carrier to pass on to the post office to hold my mail if I was going to be out of town for more than a couple days. I always figured a mailbox with mail sticking out of it was a flag for "go ahead and rob this house."

-Charby

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 07:51:01 AM »
We used that for our trip this week.  Useful info indeed!

Chris

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 01:49:56 PM »
Now that's what I call fortuitous timing!

Leaving tonight on a trip....  THANKS!
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 03:46:44 AM »
So everyone at the post office knows your home is vacant. Good thing these civil servants are 100% reliable and honest.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 04:49:32 AM »
Everyone?

You mean all 100,000 or so employees of the USPS? Yep, everyone get a daily list of the people across the nation who have stopped their mail while on vacation.

Very FEW people at the USPS actually know you're away from home.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 04:54:08 AM »
What prevents anyone from issuing a stop mail order for another person's mail?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 05:34:10 AM »
Put a hold on someone else's mail and let us know what happens...