Author Topic: Chicago's Finest at it again  (Read 858 times)

Marnoot

• friend
Chicago's Finest at it again
« on: March 26, 2007, 07:25:40 AM »
. . . or rather they were at it again with the recent bartender beating. I don't see any thing changing anytime soon as the citizens of Chicago seem to be happy with their corrupt and violent overlords.

Six Off-Duty Chicago Police Officers Accused of Attack reportedly caught on tape
WLS By Charles Thomas

March 25, 2007 - Chicago police are investigating new allegations that off-duty officers attacked patrons inside a bar in Chicago's West Loop. It was reportedly caught on tape.

The media does not have access to this videotape yet. But prosecutors and Chicago Police Internal Affairs investigators are reviewing it.

Chicago police confirm that an incident at the Jefferson Tap and Grille on December 15 of last year is under investigation.

Four businessmen claim to have been on the restaurant/bar's main floor, minding their own business shooting pool. Their lawyer, Steve Fine of Chicago, alleges that around 2 a.m. his clients were attacked by as many as six men they later found out were off-duty Chicago cops.

"They were approached by an unknown individual. Our client responded that he wasn't looking for trouble. At which point he was punched in the face. Our three other clients were approached from behind and take down," said Finespeaks.

The Chicago Tribune reports the attacks were videotaped by surveillance cameras inside the building and by another attached to the outside. Fine says the outside camera should also show one of his clients talking to a uniformed officer who had responded to a 9-1-1 call about the incident.

"An off-duty police officer who was one of the assailants approached the police car, waved the police away. When the police left the scene, my clients continued to be beaten," said Finespeaks.

The owners of the Jefferson Tap and Grille were unavailable for comment.

Neighbors say the bar -- which is open until 4 a.m. on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays --is a popular after work stop for many police officers on the three to midnight shift.

The alleged December incident preceded by two months the February 19 videotaped beating of a bartender on the Northwest Side. She says she was attacked by an off-duty cop she had refused to serve another drink.

Another officer reportedly is under investigation for threatening and trying to bribe the bartender to keep her quiet about the attack.

The attorney for the alleged Jefferson victims says if the department had responded to his clients' complaints, perhaps the Northwest Side incident would not have happened.

"It certainly would appear if the police department took some type of disciplinary action against our officers, other members of the Chicago Police Department would have been aware of this action and possibly there may not have been this second beating involving the young girl who is tending bar," said Finespeaks.

Attorneys representing the December victims have taken court action to find the names of the six policemen they say were involved in the attack.

It appears a lawsuit against the officers and possibly another lawsuit against the Chicago Police Department is eminent.
I'm glad the lawsuit is eminent, now if only it were imminent. rolleyes But that's a gripe for another thread.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Chicago's Finest at it again
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 07:32:02 AM »
Shake down and beat down!  Sounds familar and that's one of the reasons why I left Chicago!

Chicago Police Department=>$$$$  police  $$$$
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 07:33:25 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, if thanks to video cameras the long history of CPD systemtic use of violence and thuggery to coerce bribes and outright theft by its officers will be exposed?

O.K., I'm not holding my breath, but I can hope. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 09:15:48 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, if thanks to video cameras the long history of CPD systemtic use of violence and thuggery to coerce bribes and outright theft by its officers will be exposed?

O.K., I'm not holding my breath, but I can hope. grin

Nah, Daley will just outlaw the recording of images of police officers.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 09:19:41 AM »
Wasn't there a big push a year or two ago to put up London-style surveillance cameras all over Chicago?

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 09:38:15 AM »
Funny, I heard "The Night Chicago Died" on the radio yesterday and it's been stuck in my head ever since.  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 09:49:41 AM »
Wasn't there a big push a year or two ago to put up London-style surveillance cameras all over Chicago?

Gunshot detectors that only detect supersonic rounds. They also don't detect knife assaults, beatings, or the screams of victims.

So the police can arrive quicker to mop up the victims after the crime is already done and the criminals have left.