Author Topic: Hillary Clinton's comments on U.S. Attorney firings...  (Read 1016 times)

Phantom Warrior

• friend
Hillary Clinton's comments on U.S. Attorney firings...
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:59:05 AM »
Full text of the article here.

My favorite quote was probably this one, "...Clinton on Monday dismissed any comparison between the firing last fall of eight U.S. attorneys with the replacement of 93 U.S. attorneys when her husband became president in 1993."

Yeah, I'd dismiss any comparison between less than 10 and ALL of them too.  It was a short article, but the double talk made my head spin.  Can anyone please fill me in on how her dismissal is anything but a blatant lie?

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re: Hillary Clinton's comments on U.S. Attorney firings...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »
I can't believe I am defending Hillary, but she has a point (I should note that there are still plenty of other reasons to dislike and not trust her).  Most presidents, including all of the last 4, get rid of the old ones and appoint new ones when they take office.  A US Attorney will typically serve for four years.  It is somewhat unusual to get rid of them in mid-term.  IIRC, it has only happened 4 other times in the last 28 years.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:49:23 AM »
Sp what?  "At the pleasure of" means just that.  Bush doesnt have to justify his decision to anyone.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 11:09:58 AM »
Clinton argued that the Bush administration's firing of the eight federal prosecutors has caused an uproar because it is seen as a conservative push to shift the balance of power in favor of the executive branch.
So, firing 93 of them when the President first takes office isn't?

Democrats have accused the Justice Department and the White House of purging the prosecutors for political reasons.
That's why they call it "Politics"!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 05:37:38 PM »
In plain English: the woman is a liar.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 02:50:20 AM »
I think we need to look into the fact that, after the 2006 elections, the Speaker of the House and Senate majority leader were both fired and replaced by Democrats in an obvious political move.   
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 04:33:25 AM »
It is not as if some of the 93 her husband fired were not looking into a little thing called Whitewater.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!