Author Topic: I can thing of better ways to spend my Saturday...  (Read 492 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I can thing of better ways to spend my Saturday...
« on: August 07, 2021, 08:48:46 AM »
I'm at the office, and will be all day.

I was at the office late yesterday.

I boarded Seren at daycare overnight because of it.

Bad planning and coordination on part of a team has resulted on my team having to scramble to process 180 documents in preparation for a major test readiness event.

At least they've authorized overtime for it. But, they want to start transferring these documents on Monday... good plan... EXCEPT that some of them have been ready for review for 4 months and we were just brought into this mess, and now that we've started reviewing them we're finding significant faults that have to be rectified...

And of all of the documents that I've reviewed and turned back to the authors since last Monday?

Only one author has addressed the outstanding issues.

At least I'm authorized overtime. It's straight time, but it's still overtime.

I've just made it very clear that I will not work evenings during the week and I will not work Sundays. That's my time with Seren and for me to get ready for the coming week.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: I can thing of better ways to spend my Saturday...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 10:08:35 AM »
That sounds extremely normal for AT&T.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 01:05:02 PM »
Aside from the fact that straight time for overtime may not be legal. Are you nominally salaried ("exempt" in legalese) or are you hourly?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 02:05:44 PM »
Aside from the fact that straight time for overtime may not be legal. Are you nominally salaried ("exempt" in legalese) or are you hourly?

It's legal. I'm salary, so normally hours over 40 in a week wouldn't be paid at all, but this is a special instance.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 02:42:54 PM »
Fuh. Finally at a stopping place, but with no end in sight. I could stay and start the next bank of 30 documents, but at this point I'd rather slam my hand in a car door.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 03:25:50 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »
Where did you get a picture of Mike's boss, Perd?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 07:48:01 PM »
I can thing of how well the editing is going...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 07:58:40 AM »
Nah, my boss is pretty cool. And she's been out on medical leave for the past 6 months, which has resulted in me picking up a lot of new skills with some programs that we use and getting noticed (in a good way) by management.

She's finally back in the office on Monday, and that should start taking some of the pressure off.