Author Topic: Woke Jeff Bezos isn't woke! He's a polluting meanie!  (Read 1268 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Woke Jeff Bezos isn't woke! He's a polluting meanie!
« on: January 07, 2020, 12:17:15 PM »
This is absolutely hysterical... Bernie Sanders got two Amazon employees to speak on a video decrying Amazon's environmental stance.

Then he loses his mind when the employees are disciplined for breaking company policy and starts screeching RETALIATION!

Every company I've ever worked for has had very clear rules on speaking with media about the company. It's no surprise that their jobs are in jeopardy, as well they should be. What I'm really surprised about, though, is no one is trying to claim (yet) that they're being punished for whistleblowing!

Petitioning the company internally to chance its policies? Yeah, that's fine. Being front and center yapping about how the company that feeds you is so horrible in a political advertisement? Were I Bezos, I'd personally fire them.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/07/bernie-sanders-climate-change-video-features-amazon-employees.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Woke Jeff Bezos isn't woke! He's a polluting meanie!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 12:19:45 PM »
Be sure to go and read the comments from the people who are talking about this issue on twitter. They're under the video.

Be careful that your brain doesn't atrophy and die, though.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 02:45:58 PM »
Universal job duty number one - do your part to keep your bosses boss off of your bosses ass.

This was not in line with universal job duty number one, so don't be surprised when it bites you in the ass.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 02:57:59 PM »
If the company was violating state or federal law then he's a whistleblower. Otherwise he's just a disgruntled employee looking for his 15 minutes of fame.
I guess the concept of "ride for the brand" is out of fashion these days. If you can't accept the legal terms of your employment you are free to explore other opportunities. Sabotage of your employer while still taking a paycheck is unethical.
Publically sabotaging your employer and expecting to keep your job is just *expletive deleted*ing stupid.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 05:00:14 PM »
If the company was violating state or federal law then he's a whistleblower. Otherwise he's just a disgruntled employee looking for his 15 minutes of fame.
I guess the concept of "ride for the brand" is out of fashion these days. If you can't accept the legal terms of your employment you are free to explore other opportunities. Sabotage of your employer while still taking a paycheck is unethical.
Publically sabotaging your employer and expecting to keep your job is just *expletive deleted*ing stupid.

Agreed. Bezos should burn an HR manager or two at the stake as well on the grounds of you hired them, how does your process let someone so dumb in?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 11:24:28 AM »

Agreed. Bezos should burn an HR manager or two at the stake as well on the grounds of you hired them, how does your process let someone so dumb in?

Well, to be fair, I know of a few normally normal people who've gone utterly stupid in the last four years.  So I wouldn't necessarily blame the HR staff.

Although it's possible that they went utterly stupid as well.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »
HR people rarely do the hiring. Unless they're hiring for the HR department.

The people who do the hiring are generally the managers/supervisors under who the individual will be working. It might be different depending on the exact type of job, but I have never been interviewed by HR in my career. Once the decision has been made to hire me, I have, on one or two occasions, met with an HR rep to fill out the required paperwork.

I was once told by my group's HR director that my position was being eliminated...

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 03:25:02 AM »
But HR does the filtering of applications before they get to the resource requestor.

And in today's milieu I'm sure that salting one's résumé with a few inane trigger words like "environment" or other do-gooder noble-sounding buzzwords can't help but get a couple of checkmarks on their qualifications / desirable chacteristics / stupidass lemming checklist.

Holy cow, two French words in one sentence.  That ought to count for a checkmark or two, n'est-ce pas? =D  :rofl:

Terry "Save the children, peace, eliminate world hunger", 230RN
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:45:36 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 09:06:52 AM »
"But HR does the filtering of applications before they get to the resource requestor."

Primarily only at a high level based on the skills listed in the resume as compared to the required/desired skills in the job description. 

Don't have 5 years progressive experience with Oinky Doink, which is critical for this job? Your resume is out.

HR generally classifies resumes into 3 categories -- highly qualified candidates, qualified candidates, and unqualified candidates.

The hiring manager, again, is responsible for actually interviewing the individual and making the decision to offer the job.

The HR team doesn't conduct a wokeness suitability analysis based on corporate culture. HR generally doesn't interview candidates, either, unless it's to clarify specific points in their resume. Once again, the hiring manager conducts those interview.

I've been in the corporate work world since 1988, with small, midsized, and large Fortune 500 companies, and have been in probably close to 100 interviews over the year.s

Never have I been interviewed by HR, and only once have I met with an HR representative prior to being offered the job, and that was only to clarify my requested salary range.

Once again, the hiring manager, NOT HR, is responsible for actually hiring and individual. It's on the hiring manager's head if a candidate they chose blew up, NOT on HR.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 11:31:34 AM »

Terry "Save the children, peace, eliminate world hunger", 230RN

You left out, "and save the French language."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 11:37:30 AM »
What Mike said is pretty similar to how it works (or worked) in the fed.gov world, other than before I got out, they were using software via usajobs for initial filtering (though candidates who did any research at all learned to just give the right answers to bypass software rejection).

After that, HR provided likely candidates in the hierarchy Mike described, and candidates selected for an actual interview were then interviewed by their potential boss, sometimes his boss as well, and then subject experts in their work area.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »
"After that, HR provided likely candidates in the hierarchy Mike described, and candidates selected for an actual interview were then interviewed by their potential boss, sometimes his boss as well, and then subject experts in their work area."

Bingo.

I will say, though, that at one interview last year I was met by a member of the recruiting team. In some companies recruiters are part of HR, in others, they're a separate entity. She served as the intermediary to set up the interview with me, the hiring manager, and division manager, who also wanted to meet me.

I spent about 15 minutes chatting with her because the other two were running late, but it was not an interview, and she did not sit in on the interview.

I was very happy for that time because 1) she was SMOKING hawt, and 2) she went to Penn State State College so we had a lot in common to chat about.

In the end I was offered that job, but turned it down because it wouldn't have supported the clearances that I wanted and it would have been absolute hell to get to because of the new Amazon HQ that's coming.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 01:20:43 PM »
Just another thought...

Anymore resumes are being converted to OCR and scanned into a computer. Software then does the preliminary screening.

My old company, SAIC, required all employees to enter their resume into a database that also had dozens of lists you had to go through and pick things like systems, software, hardware, etc., you've worked with and how many years experience you have with said item. Same with job titles and various other skills.

They required something similar of people submitting resumes (but in a very much streamlined fashion and often tailored to the specific position being advertised). SAIC also required applicants to submit their resumes in an OCR suitable format, meaning VERY simple formatting. Not a lot of bolding, bullets, etc. Just words and returns.

All of that made it easier for the software programs to churn out lists of candidates.

And for people who were already employees, it made it a LOT easier to churn out potential staffing lists that had to be submitted with a new contract. That was basically an exercise in showing that yes, we have the staff to get this contract off the ground and running quickly, but it was rare that anyone actually went over to a new contract like that unless it was temporary.

Had I gone to the contracts for which my resume was submitted, I'd have worked over large parts of Europe, a bunch of Asian nations, and quite a few US states.