Author Topic: Hey, That's Entrapment!: Kopbusters.com Honey Pot Sting  (Read 19939 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Hey, That's Entrapment!: Kopbusters.com Honey Pot Sting
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2008, 12:55:55 PM »
don't get me wrong i admire a guy who tells the mark hes skimming 50 % and still gets marks

Ehm. His is a private enterprise. He's selling stuff for profit.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »
I'm not sure I get what you are getting at cassandra and sara's daddy.
i support legalizing all drugs and letting god  sort it out. this guy does nothing to further that. hes like the wookie suited paulians. he makes it too easy to dismiss the cause he would have you believe he supports.   i think hes a scammer and has found a great hustle and a pool of easy marks

have you looked at his feed the prisoners scam?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:34:57 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »
How is it a scam? Do you have some evidence that the money doesn't actually go to feed the prisoners?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »
hes not undercover  he tells you he skims 50 % for his "project"
wouldn't you love to look at his books.   wonder how many kids at school are sending money using daddyd visa
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »
hes not undercover  he tells you he skims 50 % for his "project"
wouldn't you love to look at his books.   wonder how many kids at school are sending money using daddyd visa

So how is this a scam? He is running a for-profit enterprise, and also giving some money to prisoners.
I'm not sure his product is good, but then I don't need it.

• friends

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2008, 03:31:41 PM »
As C&SD yet again derails a thread by deliberately ignoring the point and trolling our naive young Jew into a pissing match.....

Anyone know if a FOI request has been made to see the warrant? Or would that be sealed because it's ongoing?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2008, 03:35:43 PM »
http://katzjustice.com/blog2/serendipity/archives/208-Beware-Barry-Coopers-Never-Get-Busted-video..html

http://www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v07/n135/a09.html

I give you another one, by Loretta Nall, just so you know I haven't ignored the issue. I know that controversy exists on the quality  of his videos. Yet, as I pointed out many, many times in this thread and as Balog has pointed out, that is irrevelant.

• friends
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »
if in fact they served the guy at the house he could show the warrant   but he might be holding out for publicity advantage.  they don't seal very many warrants and need a reason to.   i can see the cops not wanting it out if it makes em look bad

• friends
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 05:55:03 PM »
credibility or in this case a lack of it is very relevant  to me anyway  ymmv
he is a hoot  mr antidrugs until he discovers he likes weed then weeds good but all the others are still bad.  what kinda libertarian is he?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »
credibility or in this case a lack of it is very relevant  to me anyway  ymmv
he is a hoot  mr antidrugs until he discovers he likes weed then weeds good but all the others are still bad.  what kinda libertarian is he?

Did I say anything about him being a libertarian?

• friends
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »
nope he does   another champion

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2008, 10:10:48 PM »
MicroBalrog: Cooper's attacking the integrity of the police, so it's equally valid (despite you parroting ad hominem over and over) to question his integrity.  Cooper says the only two ways cops got a warrant were:

1.) Because an informant lied to them, or
2.) Because they lied on the warrant.

Well, another option that Cooper doesn't bring up is:

3.) Cooper, or someone else involved with the show's production, provided police with an anonymous tip.

Like jfruser said in the post that started this thread, maybe this is "too good to be true."  It all depends on if you're more likely to believe the cops, or an ex-cop.  I think anyone will admit it's a bit of a coincidence that it only took 24 hours from set up to take down.  Maybe the cops in Odessa are out there, every single day, scanning every single house, and lying on every single warrant.  Maybe Cooper got lucky, maybe they're not scanning and raiding EVERY day and EVERY house but just happened to stumble on his.

Or maybe he's full of crap and engineered the whole thing so he could get the headlines he wanted because he already assumed the cops were guilty.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2008, 10:15:50 PM »
3.) Cooper, or someone else involved with the show's production, provided police with an anonymous tip.

Let's assume this happened.

Do you think police are supposed to raid houses on anonymous, unconfirmed tips?

• friends
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
I think anyone will admit it's a bit of a coincidence that it only took 24 hours from set up to take down. 
\

it used to be an axiom that you had 3 days to score and unload product before they could findout and get the paperwork to raid you

"Do you think police are supposed to raid houses on anonymous, unconfirmed tips?"
if they had a tip then used the flir, with warrant, would that still be unconfirmed?

• friends
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2008, 10:58:51 PM »
on a side note is this guy serious about running for office?  or is the smoke nowadays that good?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2008, 11:51:09 PM »
on a side note is this guy serious about running for office?  or is the smoke nowadays that good?

Probably be better than many of the guys currently IN office.

• friends
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2008, 11:54:06 PM »
Probably be better than many of the guys currently IN office.
quite possibly true  but hes an unelectable joke

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2008, 11:55:50 PM »

if they had a tip then used the flir, with warrant, would that still be unconfirmed?

Well, I guess we're about to find out.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2008, 05:16:14 PM »
i support legalizing all drugs and letting god  sort it out.

But god forbid if someone actually uses, gets arrested (cause that would never happen unless the cops had a super good reason  :rolleyes:, but not convicted), sell dvds and donates 50% to charity basically, and doesnt release every single bit of information on his up coming tv show he must be a liar and a cheat.

Its 100% NOT Possible that he may have been arrested 5 times on trumped up charges (since he was never convicted umm...), he uses the other 50% to fund making the CD's, the website, and this show, and possibly wants to hold out info so people actually watch the show. Its called a teaser, like when the 10 o clock news says

Toys that contain lead paint that could KILL YOUR KID!
Details in an hour. . .

Just because they didnt tell you that second doesn't mean there lying to you about the info at 10, just they actually want you to watch the show so they get ratings, and advertisers want to buy commerial time . . . its called capitalism.

on't get me wrong i admire a guy who tells the mark hes skimming 50 % and still gets marks

Umm there buying a dvd, I guess you must feel ripped off everytime you buy a new dvd because I know damn well that company isn't donating a dime of that to any charity much less 50%.

• friends
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2008, 05:31:28 PM »
i see you didn't read the feed the prisoners scam either?

• friends
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2008, 05:44:28 PM »
its called capitalism.

i've heard it called other things

• friends
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »
http://nallforgovernor.blogspot.com/2007/02/barry-cooper-says-oopssooo-sorry.html

she not too crazy about him

but these folks like him
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4602068
and horrors! i agree with balkos assessment

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/130429.html?success=1
Gotcha!

Radley Balko | December 6, 2008, 1:28pm

Like Mark Draughn, I've been somewhat skeptical of Barry Cooper, the former drug cop turned pitchman for how-to-beat-the-cops videos. He comes off as more of a huckster than a principled whistle-blower, which I think does the good ideas he stands for (police reform) more harm than good.

• friends
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2008, 06:07:55 PM »
#33 |   Radley Balko |  December 6th, 2008 at 6:40 pm

After reading the forum on the website that created this amusing scenario, I learned that the “Kopbusters” sent in the anonymous tip themselves:

“They busted the cops by making a fake grow room that pumped out a lot of heat, sent in an anonymous tip, and waited.”

If that is all it takes to get a person’s house raided, I am truly disgusted with the quality of the police work in this case..

Agreed. But unfortunately, if Cooper and his assistants did indeed call in the tip themselves, they probably opened themselves up to criminal charges.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »
#33 |   Radley Balko |  December 6th, 2008 at 6:40 pm

After reading the forum on the website that created this amusing scenario, I learned that the “Kopbusters” sent in the anonymous tip themselves:

“They busted the cops by making a fake grow room that pumped out a lot of heat, sent in an anonymous tip, and waited.”

If that is all it takes to get a person’s house raided, I am truly disgusted with the quality of the police work in this case..

Agreed. But unfortunately, if Cooper and his assistants did indeed call in the tip themselves, they probably opened themselves up to criminal charges.

Hmm, we'll have to wait to see if that is confirmed. Right now its hearsay; but if its true, it completely invalidates the whole premise and I will be thoroughly disappointed.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!