Author Topic: Huckabee on fox  (Read 19819 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Huckabee on fox
« on: October 18, 2008, 08:26:25 AM »
Listening to Huckabee on the saturday morning FNC show.   Why in the hell didn't we nominate him? 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Huckabee on fox
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »
Listening to Huckabee on the saturday morning FNC show.   Why in the hell didn't we nominate him? 

'Cause he's an evil religious type?  Seems like a weak excuse in hindsight...

Chris
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:19:01 AM by mtnbkr »

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 09:18:17 AM »
Don't look at me I voted for him in the primaries lol.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »
Listening to Huckabee on the saturday morning FNC show.   Why in the hell didn't we nominate him? 

Because many people were scared that if a candidate is nominated who's actually conservative, it'll make the party unelectable.

That, and because he has a record as a tax hiker.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
Huck allowed himself to be used as a tool to pry of religious right vote away from Romney.  Romney was the guy the eastern elite wanted no where near the white house.  In an unguarded moment Ed Rollins disclosed that he was paid to bring Huckabee in as a solid second place. 

In my view. tool of the elite establishment = unqualified regardless of how "conservative" the views.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »
I voted for him.

When he was here, he even got on stage with a local band and played a set.

taurusowner

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »
Keep in mind that this all happened when the Ron Paul Delusion still had a hold on APS/THR.

We split our vote.  We got stuck with the worst candidate.  Let's try to remember that in 4 years.

If we still have the same voting process as we do now that is.

/Not saying Ron Paul is bad
//Am saying that thinking he was ever electable is a delusion

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »
Kind of.  Conservatives split over a number of candidates (Huck, Romney, Hunter, Thompson).  We can't just blame the Ron Paul and his Merry Men. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 05:26:30 PM »
We split our vote.  We got stuck with the worst candidate.  Let's try to remember that in 4 years.

More than half of the delegates went to McCain. He did not have a plurality of the votes, he had a majority. Romney and the others endorsing him was just the icing on the cake.

This is not the fault of the people who voted for Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, or any of the other candidates. It's the fault of the people who voted for John McCain.

//Am saying that thinking he was ever electable is a delusion

I disagree completely, for the record, but that's another thread.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »

I think many people were turned off by the fact that he was a minister before he was a governor.  The religion aspect of him was just a bit too visible.  But that is the man, Mike Huckabee.  I have not problem with it.  I'm also a big supporter of the Fair Tax.  I believe it is the solution to the IRS.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »
IMO, both Reps & Dems elected the weakest of their likeliest candidates for 2008.

For instance, if Hillary was the Dem nominee, she'd beat McCain like a drum.  Sarah Who? The VP nominee is some boring white governor.

Or if the Reps nominated Romney, I think he could have actually explained the financial shenanigans to the public.

Fred would have just punched Obama for being a commie.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »
I believe I said it on the day after Super Tuesday:

"We have democracy in reverse - people have nominated the worst possible candidates. Now, I suppose, they'll proceed to pick the worst among them, and elect him President."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 10:19:05 AM »
No, that's how democracy usually works.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 10:43:46 AM »

Same reason the Democrats didn't nominate Richardson.  GOD FORBID anyone nominates anyone remotely qualified for the office. It's all about winning American Idol now.

Despite his religious right pandering, I'd have voted for him over almost anyone the Democrats would have put up, except maybe Richardson (who is 200% wrong on immigration, btw)
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »
No, that's how democracy usually works.
I know it's been said that Democracy may not be perfect but its the best we've got right now.

Still - rule by mob - something's just not right with that.

Why should the vote of a welfare mother who pumps out future gang bangers count as much as that of a law abiding and productive citizen?

Not right I tell ya - its just not right.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »
Werewolf,

The good news is, welfare mothers are less likely to go and get registered and show up at the polls.

The bad news, groups like ACORN are out there registering them (and their dead uncles) and herding them to the polls. 

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »
NO! Really...

I want to know!

Why in the hell a scumbag on welfare who's never earned an honest dollar in their life has a vote that is worth as much as mine who has worked since I was 12, paid over quarter million in taxes in my life (and that's just income - doesn't include all the other BS ways the thieving government takes our money), served my country in the military for 13 years, raised 3 more law abiding tax payers to contribute to society and am now raising another.

Why?
It ain't right and it sure as heck isn't fair!
AND!
It's starting to PISS me OFF!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 05:09:36 PM by Werewolf »

Fight Me Online

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
We just need to all get together and install elect RocketMan as "Dictator of the USA" for life.
I will solve all the country's problems.
Come on now, who's with me!  [RocketMan runs out of the room like Bluto in Animal House]
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
Why in the hell a scumbag on welfare who's never earned an honest dollar in their life has a vote that is worth as much as mine who has worked

Because the purpose of government is not to administer tax dollars. As such it's irrelevant how much taxes you pay.

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 05:20:36 PM »
Because the purpose of government is not to administer tax dollars. As such it's irrelevant how much taxes you pay.
You didn't answer the question.

Why do non-producers get an equal amount of say as the producers who support them?

We ought to go back to land owning being a requisite to vote, poll taxes, literacy tests, the whole ball of wax.

I'm sick of politicians pandering to the scum of the earth and buying their votes. SICK!

My kids and grandkids are going to inherit a third world cess pit of a country unless something changes dramatically and soon.

Fight Me Online

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »
Why should the vote of a welfare mother who pumps out future gang bangers count as much as that of a law abiding and productive citizen?
It shouldn't, and the founders knew this.  Now granted, they may have been a little to strict given they were products of their time.  All races, all sexes, etc should be allowed to vote. Land owning may even be a bit extreme.

But there should be at least some condition beyond breathing (unless your a democrat, then that's not necessarily required I suppose)

Hell we've gone so far into wtfville that a significant number of Americans could care less if the person voting is even another American, is registered and voting dozens of times, let alone being a productive member of society that has a stake in things.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »
Why do non-producers get an equal amount of say as the producers who support them?

Let me be more frank. The government exists to protect the inalienable rights of all men to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. THAT is the thing that the government is supposed to safeguard. Because everybody has rights, everybody has a stake in the government, and that is far more important than however many tax dollars you paid.

The woman who ended up on welfare due to a disability - or maybe due to some government regulation that destroyed the business sheworked for - or even a lazy disgusting bum - is still inherently human and has rights, and therefore they should get to vote.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 05:50:06 PM »
We ought to go back to land owning being a requisite to vote, poll taxes, literacy tests, the whole ball of wax.
I'm sick of politicians pandering to the scum of the earth and buying their votes. SICK!

The problem is that when you start restricting voting it becomes a question of what those restrictions are.  For example, you start restricting voting to 'productive' people.  Do you define those people as people who pay income taxes? a certain amount of income taxes? people making more than 40k/yr, what about 150k/yr or maybe you need to earn $1mil year.

It is the same problem with blocking the 'felon' vote.  What if in a year, B.H.O. is President and we have a democratic congress and they decide to ban all guns.  They enforce it by automatically arresting anyone who has ever filled out a 4473 and can't produce the weapon for immediate destruction. (Nevermind the constitutionality of this, perhaps BHO has also stacked the court by the time the first appeals get there).  In one fell swoop, one party can usurp the 'reset' button part of the consitution.

The frustration you are feeling is that our society was originally set-up by the founders so that there couldn't be many 'non-productives'.  Such non-productives would starve/freeze to death once the good will of the town's people ran out.  It was a great incentive that made this country great.  Go out, earn what you can get, and you get to keep it.  The number of non-productives go up every year for two reasons: Higher taxes make it less desirable to work and higher welfare payouts make it more desirable to stay home.

The real problem with the income tax system is that the amendment that allows it to exist was formatted as a blank cheque.  Now we have the problem that non-productives can decide to steal from the productives through it.  Moreover, such a decision was made by people who are not even alive now.  People can run on the platform of increasing the amount of the cheque (as BHO does) and giving it back to everyone.

I wonder what would happen if someone proposed limiting the scope of income taxes.  Oh that is right, it would never get through the first stages of the amendment process (congress) because, like this bail out bill, they would deem it, "Something America needs even if they don't want."

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 05:50:06 PM »
yes, she does.  And that is why we have protections.

However, she and her kind don't have the right to elect the biggest welfare check possible.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 07:35:56 PM »
yes, she does.  And that is why we have protections.

However, she and her kind don't have the right to elect the biggest welfare check possible.

That's what the 10th Amendment is for.