Author Topic: Someone explains how this works?  (Read 2750 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Someone explains how this works?
« on: October 24, 2008, 10:39:35 AM »
Dems turn Fannie and Freddie into public housing, blocking any attempt at oversight. This results in a financial crisis of global proportions when it all blows up, as people who never should have gotten loans in the first place, whom banks were forced to lend to by the likes of Frank and Schumer...cannot pay those loans. Those bad loans were packaged into mortgage-backed securities, and as a result, the explosions are a chain reaction around the world.

Dems get control of Congress for the past two years, accomplish NOTHING but pork and mini partisan victories, screw up the big picture even more.

And now, Dems are poised to TAKE A 60 SEAT MAJORITY in the Senate, making them unopposable...they can tell the Republicans to pound sand and just shove through all the legislation they want, for Obama, if he is elected, to sign. The leftists like Pelosi have already been cheering this on, and promising lots of "climate change" restrictions that will completely kick the legs out from under the US economy and make small businesses absolutely impossible to run at profit...and, of course, "minority-owned business" incentives that will further punish entrepreneurs for not being the right race. And yes, they are still talking about "fairness" in housing being the most important thing, that everyone of the "underprivileged" class is entitled to own a home even if they can't pay a single damned bill.

HOW DOES THIS WORK?! How are people this stupid?

Why are people applauding the arsonists and given them more gasoline and matches? ???
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:44:23 AM by Manedwolf »

dogmush

• friend
Re: Someone explains how this works?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 12:06:10 PM »
They're tring to speed up the day that we say screw it and hit reset?

I have been wondering the same things.  The causes of this mess are actually pretty plain to anyone that wants to do even a little reading, and I still have people yelling at me that "fairness" will fix it all.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »
The Left has a death-wish.  It's not just politics, it's the entire culture.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »
HOW DOES THIS WORK?! How Are people this stupid?

Yes.

Brad
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:40:24 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »
Why are people applauding the arsonists and given them more gasoline and matches? Huh?

Because the leftists are in charge of the media and the universities, and the conservatives don't have the spine to REALLY stand up to them.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »
Look at those 60 votes carefully.  It's only a filibuster proof majority if they get all 60 to vote in line.

That is going to be an problem for Reid on a lot of issues.

It ain't happening on guns, and probably not on most energy issues.  There are still some conservative Dems not likely to fall in lockstep behind radical economic changes either.

Don't fall into the collectivist trap and just assume loyalty by group membership and then count noses.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 04:26:45 PM »
Don't fall into the collectivist trap and just assume loyalty by group membership and then count noses.

I am to the point where I consider all Democrats to be enemies of America. I hate them. All of them. I hate everything they do, everything they stand for. ALL of it.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
I am to the point where I consider all Democrats to be enemies of America. I hate them. All of them. I hate everything they do, everything they stand for. ALL of it.

Now, young padawan, you understand my radicalism?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 04:40:07 PM »
Now, young padawan, you understand my radicalism?

Nope.

Because battles are best fought with tailored business suits, lawyers, and Goldwater conservatism, by successful businesspeople. Flailing and wearing wookiee costumes just provides an irrelevant circus sideshow.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »
The Democrats have to my memory done a better job of getting their members to vote the party line than Republicans have.

If the Dems get 60 votes in the Senate, I am less concerned with Dem defectors than with liberal Republicans who vote with the Dems.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 05:02:30 PM »
Nope.

Because battles are best fought with tailored business suits, lawyers, and Goldwater conservatism, by successful businesspeople. Flailing and wearing wookiee costumes just provides an irrelevant circus sideshow.

So I'm taking you don't want D. A. Heller as your neighbor, either?

The point is we must be on the offensive. Not slow-slow-slow-incrementalism that gets swept away completely in ten days of a Democrat Congress and Presidency.

We must act like we can win.