Author Topic: There goes Nevada already?  (Read 2189 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
There goes Nevada already?
« on: October 24, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »
Suddenly glad I bought that Arsenal now, adding to the collection... :|

How many ACORN operatives were in Nevada?

Massive Democratic Advantage in Early Voting in Nevada
Absentee and early voting in battleground state of Nevada strongly suggests an Obama victory.

FOXNews.com

Friday, October 24, 2008

After six days of early voting in Nevada (5 electoral votes), Democratic turnout exceeds Republican turnout 57 percent to 27 percent.

When the early walk-in vote is combined with mail-in absentee vote, the Democratic advantage is 54 percent to 30 percent.

The Democratic vote margin in early and absentee voting (after six days) is 39,000 votes. On Wednesday, the early vote breakdown was 12,475 Democratic ballots to 6,961 GOP ballots.

In the state's most populous and Democratic county - Clark County - 20 percent of active (otherwise known as likely) voters and 16 percent of registered voters have cast ballots.

This activity strongly suggests an Obama victory in Nevada as his campaign has feverishly stoked early voting throughout the state and has had union muscle in Las Vegas encouraging in tandem.

John McCain's campaign is already looking at the prospect of loses in Colorado and New Mexico.

Combined, these three states account for 19 electoral votes - all of which Bush carried in '04.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/24/massive-democratic-advantage-early-voting-nevada/

Rudy Kohn

Re: There goes Nevada already?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »
Vote early, and vote often!  :|

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »
Don't count out Nevada just yet.

I've got me an Nevada absentee ballot sitting here next to me marked for McCain;  I just haven't sent it in yet because I have yet to get caught up to speed on some of the county-level stuff. I'll do that this weekend and mail it out.

My guess is the democrats are leading early voting because they're a bit hot under the collar and want to get their ballot in as soon as possible to vote for the Messiah.  It doesn't necessarily mean that they outnumber McCain voters, and Nevada (with the exception of Clark County) traditionally votes Republican. 
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »
What percentage of the eligible voter pool voted early?  That's the improtant number.

It could be 100-1 right now but if it is less than 30% of the total then McCain could still walk away with a win in Nov. the opposition having shot their wad early.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 05:07:02 PM »
Do they count the votes early in Nevada?  Or is this just exit polling.  Exit polling can be really inaccurate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »
Looks like number of declared voters.

ie: "I'll take the Dem ballot please."
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 01:32:48 AM »
I'd be willing to bet they end up with more ballots cast than there are registered voters in Nevada.
I'd even be willing to bet they end up with more ballots cast than there are adult residents of Nevada.

This will also happen anywhere ACORN was very active.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »
NV, while generally conservative, is also corrupt.
I lived in Reno and the people  there really ignored politics.
Totally unaware of how difficult it is to (say for instance) own a gun in NY/NJ/CA/Chicago.
Pretty annoying.
The republicrats fixed the caucus for Rommney, shutting it down rather then dealing with the paulians.
the caucus in general was fixed for B.O....
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."