Author Topic: Graphics card for Shuttle SP45h7 based PC  (Read 675 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Graphics card for Shuttle SP45h7 based PC
« on: December 13, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »
Back in March, I built a PC using the Shuttle SP45H7 as the base.  I equipped it with an Intel Core2 Quad 2.5ghz processor, 8 gig of RAM, a 500gb HD and a 1TB HD (purchased at different times else I would have a single TB drive).  I elected to stick with the onboard graphics until I had a better idea of what I would be doing with the box.  It's running Windows 7 x64 and runs it quite well.  I'm running full HD into a widescreen monitor via HDMI.  Movies display nicely enough.

I'd like to bump up the performance a bit and maybe make the box a bit better for the occasional game.  Unfortunately, it only has a 300w PSU and no way to upgrade it.  I tried a Radeon 4350HD based card with 512mb of RAM, but it actually decreased performance according to the Windows Experience scoring (full point down!) and didn't play well with my monitor.

What else is available that will work with my PSU and give me a meaningful upgrade over the onboard graphics?  I don't need the latest and greatest and I'd also like something with a quiet cooling system.  Passive cooling is best.

Chris

Jim147

• friends
Re: Graphics card for Shuttle SP45h7 based PC
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:49:55 PM »
i don't use any of these cards. I'm just shopping around for a new one for my system.

For passive cooling I found this one.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0351013

I'm not sure it will be much of a boost.

I haven't seen anything with a fan that I like and will work with that small power supply. I'm still shopping for myself so if i see something that I think would work better for you I'll send a link.

jim

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG