Author Topic: Amusing beer review...  (Read 7800 times)

DJJ

• friend
Re: Amusing beer review...
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 10:14:15 PM »
Okay, I just now realized that "clamato" = clam + tomato. Where's the "queasy" smiley?

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 10:41:25 PM »
Budweiser was bad to begin with.  But add clamato juice?

There really needs to be a vomiting smiley...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »

Budweiser sucks to begin with.

Hear hear!
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2008, 11:42:58 PM »
Budweiser was bad to begin with.  But add clamato juice?

There really needs to be a vomiting smiley...

Here y'go.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 12:24:44 AM »
Beer and tomato juice is a morning after drink like a bloody mary. I think it's called a "red eye", and if you're really hardcore you put a raw egg in the beer/tomato juice mix.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 09:40:07 AM »
I'd rather have a fruit punch gatorade the next morning than a friggin beer with tomato juice. 

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 10:08:42 AM »
If this catches on, maybe my idea for a nuoc mam / nam pla & fudge flavored ice cream has a chance*.

Called "nam bplah" in Thai, or literally "fish water," genuine fish sauce is the water, or juice, in the flesh of fish that is extracted in the process of prolonged salting and fermentation. It is made from small fish that would otherwise have little value for consumption. This can either be freshwater or saltwater fish, though today, most fish sauce is made from the latter as pollution and dams have drastically reduced the once plentiful supply of freshwater fish in the heartlands of Southeast Asia.

Among marine fish, anchovies and related species of small schooling fish from two to five inches in length are commonly used, as they can be found in bountiful supply in the coastal waters of the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea. Larger varieties of fish, such as mackerel and sardines, also make good fish sauce, but because they are relatively more expensive due to their value as a food fish, they are seldom used in the commercial production of fish sauce.

For fish sauce to develop a pleasant, fragrant aroma and taste, the fish must be very fresh. As soon as fishing boats return with their catch, the fish are rinsed and drained, then mixed with sea salt – two to three parts fish to one part salt by weight. They are then filled into large earthenware jars, lined on the bottom with a layer of salt, and topped with a layer of salt. A woven bamboo mat is placed over the fish and weighted down with heavy rocks to keep the fish from floating when water inside them are extracted out by the salt and fermentation process.

The jars are covered and left in a sunny location for nine months to a year. From time to time, they are uncovered to air out and to let the fish be exposed to direct, hot sunshine, which helps "digest" the fish and turn them into fluid. The periodic "sunning" produces a fish sauce of superior quality, giving it a fragrant aroma and a clear, reddish brown color.

After enough months have passed, the liquid is removed from the jars, preferably through a spigot on the bottom of the jars, so that it passes through the layers of fish remains; or by siphoning. Any sediments are strained out with a clean cloth. The filtered fish sauce is filled into other clean jars and allowed to air out in the sun for a couple of weeks to dissipate the strong fish odors. It is then ready for bottling. The finished product is 100-percent, top-grade, genuine fish sauce.

* To gag out unsuspecting victims customers.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 10:54:58 AM »
So wait. Slow down.

You're telling me that there people in America that drink clam juice?

And then there are people, apparently even more hardcore, who mix that with tomato juice and THEN drink it?

And that finally there is a sub-group of Americans so hard-core, so incredibly badass, that they actually drink tomato juice, mixed with clam juice, mixed with BUDWEISER, known as the most horrid beer in the world? And that these are so plentiful that a MARKET NICHE exists for this?

Words. Fail me.

This sounds both completely crazy and stupid on one hand, and on the other, so incredibly badass that it is completely beyond words.

How can the enemies of America hope to face a nation whose people MIX CLAM JUICE WITH BUDWEISER AND DRINK IT FOR FUN, I know not. In some civilizations, this would probably be considered torture, you know.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »
If this catches on, maybe my idea for a nuoc mam / nam pla & fudge flavored ice cream has a chance*.

* To gag out unsuspecting victims customers.

And again...

But I do like the way your mind works. Great idea.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 12:12:52 PM »
The marketing hacks at Budweiser were very much aware of how popular the beer/Clamato combination is Down South.

There's a niche market, for sure - and they've exploited it, like they will with damned near everything.

(Surprised they haven't come up with a specific line of beer for boiling bratwurst in, myself...)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »
Okay, so just to clarify......

Clam Juice/Nectar = Clam Urine ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 11:19:18 AM »
...BUDWEISER, known as the most horrid beer in the world?

I have to take exception to this.  Budweiser is not the most horrid beer in the world.  I offer up for your consideration OB (Oriental Brewery, if I recall correctly).  I learned about OB in a bar outside of Osan.

Bud was the top-shelf beer in those places.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

bmitchell

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »
If I get fired for laughing at work can I blame somebody else?

Ben

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 12:58:57 PM »
Ah, yes, Osan AB.

OB is great because it doesn't need to convert alcohol to formaldehyde in your brain - it's already in the bottle.   =D

(Buy me juicy, GI?) 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 01:04:27 PM »
I don't know if Bud is the worst, I left a can of formaldehyde Stella full sans one sip. Only beer I can ever recall not finishing. I was pretty thirsty too.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »

You're telling me that there people in America that drink clam juice?

And then there are people, apparently even more hardcore, who mix that with tomato juice and THEN drink it?

And that finally there is a sub-group of Americans so hard-core, so incredibly badass, that they actually drink tomato juice, mixed with clam juice, mixed with BUDWEISER, known as the most horrid beer in the world? And that these are so plentiful that a MARKET NICHE exists for this?

Yep.  I regularly see guys buying it at my local H.E.B.  It's definitely not a beverage for wimps.  :laugh:
For entertainment purposes only.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 12:54:59 AM »
Maybe it's because I'm in AB's backyard, but that stuff has been around for a while now.  I can't for the life of me figure out why it is still on the market.  Although I guess they are probably selling quite a bit on the novelty factor.

Oh yeah, I say BAH to the budweiser naysayers.  Sure it's borderline pisswater, but it's Americana at it's finest, just like KFC or McDonalds. (or at least it WAS, darn buyout)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 07:29:25 AM »
Okay, so just to clarify......

Clam Juice/Nectar = Clam Urine ??

Damn, I hope not.   :O

Actually, leftover water from steaming or otherwise cooking clams.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:36:22 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 08:35:42 AM »
Damn, I hope not.   :O

Actually, leftover water from steaming or otherwise cooking clams.

I bet at some point they relieve themselves in said water....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »
Oh yeah, I say BAH to the budweiser naysayers.  Sure it's borderline pisswater, but it's Americana at it's finest, just like KFC or McDonalds. (or at least it WAS, darn buyout)

Not here. It's all microbrews, here. THAT is what America does with brewing. Entrepreneurs bringing amazing new things to market.

Budweiser is nothing but gassy corn and rice water fermented in tanks. I don't even consider it beer.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »
Clamato juice isn't bad - if you like it. I've had a few Clamato Marys in my days. It's like V8; you either like it or you don't.

Bud and Miller have been trying lots of new beverages in the last few years. Most have flopped like the Heineken copy called Anheuser World Class Lager or the fruit beers.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 08:02:44 PM »
I like the 100 proof whiskey doesn't even kill it remark  =D

Seriously, bud...sucks.

Michelob is surprisingly drinkable....but seriously.

WTC
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.