Author Topic: More terror attacks in London  (Read 4556 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: More terror attacks in London
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 01:36:09 AM »
I thought "London Bridge had fallen down and moved to Arizona" (Gary P Nunn) a long time ago.

On the terror thing, I wonder how much longer Britain, Germany, and France are gonna put up with this *expletive deleted*it before one of them gets their Crusader on and drive all the brown-skinned people out. It's gonna be ugly when it happens.  :(
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »
^ Embrace xenophobia.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 10:55:08 AM »

On the terror thing, I wonder how much longer Britain, Germany, and France are gonna put up with this *expletive deleted*it before one of them gets their Crusader on and drive all the brown-skinned people out. It's gonna be ugly when it happens.  :(

Or Sweden ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 12:33:09 PM »
I thought "London Bridge had fallen down and moved to Arizona" (Gary P Nunn) a long time ago.

That is what ISIS ultimately wants. That, and massive Western/non-Muslim/non-ME military invasions/interventions. It was AQ's larger strategy too. That continued terrorist prodding will force the West to go to war with the Muslim ME en-masse, and the Muslim world to unite, perhaps bridging the widest Shia/Sunni sectarian divides even, so they can get the big battle going. And out of that the big Caliphate will form, and the "final victory" for Islam over the world.

It's kind of a weird catch-22. Basic strategy dictates to "never do what your enemy wants". However, the one caveat to that is "never do what your enemy wants, except when they are wrong". Because we all know they'd lose the "big war", even if for the sake of argument one agrees such Islamic unity is possible, which of course it is not. The divisions within Islam itself are far more violent in total, and in terms of intensity/hatred than it is between Islam and the West.

The main downsides to it are that the war would be insanely expensive for the West, and that we still care about the massive loss of innocent civilian life and the abject misery it would cause.

Honestly, we could probably reduce the ME's Muslim population to about 5-10% of what it is now within a year or two, (not counting Indonesia, which things going so goat-rope rodeo sideways is just not within any realistic scenario) no nukes, bio, or chemical weapons, or a ground invasion needed. Conventional airstrikes, drones, and missiles that worked to destroy every road, bridge, power plant, power distribution, water plant, canal, pipeline, communications, ports, railways etc. then NO invasion, and NO rebuilding, NO nation-building, NO "hearts and minds" type aid afterward, we'd see mass die-offs pretty quickly. Despite how rudimentary, poor, and dusty it all looks to us, the whole region is way over carrying capacity without modern infrastructure. And by "modern" I mean the basics first half of the 20th century type infrastructure.

ISIS, and AQ before them, seems to be using their religion and ideology to make a leap of magical thinking that they can turn this into a global/theater style war. When they most assuredly can't do. And even if they could, it's clear they'd lose. They only managed to exist because of their situation as non-state actors engaged in asymmetrical warfare, which prevents the West from being able to, or even wanting to use their overwhelming power in Theater War to bear.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 12:34:54 PM »
Ben Rhodes, of the former Obama administration is apparently "dissing" Trump for Trump's remarks regarding the London Mayor saying basically, "we just have to live with terrorism". His argument is that FDR would never have spoken against Churchill in that way.

Besides not being a pddily mayor, I've never seen anything in the history books about Churchill wanting to sit down with Hitler and Mussolini for tea and crumpets.

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/06/05/history-fail-conservatives-school-ben-rhodes-for-rewriting-history-to-attack-trump/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 01:16:12 PM »
I looked at a couple of Brit websites that accept comments - lots of anti-Muslim rhetoric that hadn't been censored out yet, and a recurring theme of "Lose your tolerance for Islam, or lose your civilization."

Appears that even the staid Brits are becoming a bit peeved . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »
The London police have a brilliant 3-step plan for the public to deal with terrorists:

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/871135916047388672

:facepalm:

I prefer this 3-step plan:

https://twitter.com/KurtSchlichter/status/871198781223485442

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 09:36:19 PM »

So basically,  lie back and think of England old chap?  

The "hide" part of that should be "get the primal violence that's dormant, but still there in your genes out and *expletive deleted*ing preserve yourself."

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 03:30:57 AM »
The "hide" part of that should be "get the primal violence that's dormant, but still there in your genes out and *expletive deleted*ing preserve yourself."

I'm of the opinion that violent self-defense is at least frowned on if not outright illegal there.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
I'm of the opinion that violent self-defense is at least frowned on if not outright illegal there.
Some years back during escalating "troubles" in Northern Ireland, the constabulary was "asking" people with licensed shotguns to "voluntarily" surrender them for safekeeping to the police, lest they be tempted to use them on thugs who invade their homes and threaten their families! 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 02:59:52 PM »
There's still a couple British left in the UK.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3731817/defiant-battlecry-of-hero-footie-fan-hailed-the-lion-of-london-bridge-after-single-handedly-fighting-machete-terror-trio-with-bare-fists/

He should never have to pay for a beer again.

If he had used anything more than his fists (picked up a chair or a heavy pint mug or something) he'd probably been arrested when it was over.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 03:05:17 PM »
If he had used anything more than his fists (picked up a chair or a heavy pint mug or something) he'd probably been arrested when it was over.

. . . especially those high-capacity mugs.  No one needs more than 1 pint of beer at a time.

Nick1911

• Administrator

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »
After the Manchester attacks, I had fun telling folks that they should support Manchester United.

The reactions were priceless.

(It's the soccer team in Manchester. Not beloved outside Manchester. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdP0JXZpbx0 )
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 05:08:27 PM »
NA

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
sure is a good thing those british boys don't have guns and CHL
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 08:40:33 PM »

If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.

Jeff Cooper
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 10:52:29 PM »

Not the point at all,  even if it's true.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.