Author Topic: Eric Swalwell is Kind of a Jackass  (Read 1769 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Eric Swalwell is Kind of a Jackass
« on: November 16, 2018, 09:48:04 PM »
Man, this Eric Swalwell has been going off today. First he went on some trip about gun owners are crazy because the US has nukes so how would they stand a chance if the US ordered them to turn in their guns? Then he writes this in an attempt to debate Dana Loesch:

Fair question. Rifles. They’re more powerful and cause more carnage when used with a pistol-grip. See @ScottPelley @60Minutes piece. To reduce semi-auto pistol deaths I’d have universal background checks and mandatory reporting on mental health.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/11/16/going-nuclear-dana-loesch-explains-why-rep-eric-nukeem-swalwell-wont-answer-her-question/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Eric Swalwell is Kind of a Jackass
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 11:52:11 PM »
Swalwell is a *********.   Well,  I really ought not use the word I'd like to.  :angel:
I'm pretty sure if I wanted to commit a lot of carnage my M1 carbine would work as well as my AR-15.
I'm pretty sure no one is going to nuke any so-called resistance in America.

It amazes me how utterly clueless the plastic Ken Dolls we elect to high office are. [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »
Also, while I recognize that his "we'll nuke you" line was somewhat facetious, his actual explanation is just as bad.

He simply thinks the US military will roll on through, take arms from those who give them up, and fight (and win) against those who don't and everyone will live happily ever after. I'm sure there are some goat herders with 100 year old rifles in Afghanistan that might argue the point with the examples of the US and USSR.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:09:47 AM »
Also, while I recognize that his "we'll nuke you" line was somewhat facetious, his actual explanation is just as bad.

He simply thinks the US military will roll on through, take arms from those who give them up, and fight (and win) against those who don't and everyone will live happily ever after. I'm sure there are some goat herders with 100 year old rifles in Afghanistan that might argue the point with the examples of the US and USSR.

One thing to consider, the leftist politicians that would be in power to order such an action wouldn't care about winning the hearts and minds of the deplorable, bitter clingers. Total annihilation of an American community that doesn't kow tow to our "elected" betters is something I think many on the left are already capable of condoning.
Ignoring the lessons of history is an expensive lesson. the USSR went full "kill 'em all. let Allah sort them out" in Afghanistan in an attempt to subdue the country, that worked so well for them. 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 11:23:41 AM »

I don't think the US military would follow an order like that.  Some of them would probably try, and others in the military would oppose them, and chaos would ensue.  The military would be fighting itself instead of us.

OTOH, I think the various federal police forces (and there are so many of them) would gleefully do it.  And they will overwhelmingly win the first few battles.  Then the guerrilla fighting starts with heavy casualties on both sides -- and goes on for decades unless there are enough assassinations to make the government leaders back down.  

That's what the leftists want because they haven't thought it out past the initial assault, and they think they can win in just a couple of days.
"It's good, though..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 11:38:03 AM »
I don't think the US military would follow an order like that.  Some of them would probably try, and others in the military would oppose them, and chaos would ensue.  The military would be fighting itself instead of us.

OTOH, I think the various federal police forces (and there are so many of them) would gleefully do it.  And they will overwhelmingly win the first few battles.  Then the guerrilla fighting starts with heavy casualties on both sides -- and goes on for decades unless there are enough assassinations to make the government leaders back down.  

That's what the leftists want because they haven't thought it out past the initial assault, and they think they can win in just a couple of days.

It is possible the federal forces would win initially.  A smart resistance would adopt guerilla and asymmetric warfare tactics.
I do disagree it would go on for decades.  We might be willing to do that in A'stan,  but not in America.

You don't have to be a snowflake to tire of war when it's in your own backyard.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 12:54:39 PM »
Nukes wouldn't come into play.  Assuming that it's a leftie government that wants to take away guns, but Nukes are area weapons.   They would have to nuke a lot of America to kill gunowners.   During the cold war us and Russians aimed Nukes at each other's cities, not farms.   So using a nuke against East Bumblefart and it's 1200 residents is stupid.   Using Nukes to take out a major city "makes sense". 

So the only folks that the lefties could use nukes on are.....their own cities.  Not that they wouldn't be above nuking East Bumblefart.  But doubtful as "Nukes are bad, M'kay."

But as RKL mentioned, they would have no problem rounding up people whom have "wrongthink" and putting them into camps to either re-educate or exterminate.  We have many, many examples to point to as a guide to what the left is capable of doing to those with whom they disagree. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »
Everyone has to sleep sometime. The Jewish problem in Europe ought to be instructional that you can't go along with the authority and hope everything turns out okay.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 06:17:26 PM »
we left all our guns in DC, we dare you to nuke it.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 06:29:43 PM »
Quote from: The Gulag Archipelago
And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

Federal law enforcement would definitely attempt to enforce the order. It would be upon the folks who love freedom to go ensure that it isn't worth it to those LEO's to enforce it. Make the act of opening the front door of their house a life-risking event.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 10:18:42 PM »
Helmets and Body Armor can't stop axes, hammers and pokers.   (Nor rifle rounds...)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 10:24:13 PM »
we left all our guns in DC, we dare you to nuke it.

I thought we left some in NY, Chicago, and San Francisco too ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 10:33:26 PM »
Eric... How do you spell the last bit "Swalwell".  Got it.  Thanks.

That's how you deal with this kind of problem.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 02:16:20 AM »
One thing to consider, the leftist politicians that would be in power to order such an action wouldn't care about winning the hearts and minds of the deplorable, bitter clingers. Total annihilation of an American community that doesn't kow tow to our "elected" betters is something I think many on the left are already capable of condoning.

If punching Nazis is a good thing, fire-bombing their towns compounds is even better.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018, 02:33:16 AM »
Quote from: idiot
Fair question. Rifles. They’re more powerful and cause more carnage when used with a pistol-grip. See @ScottPelley @60Minutes piece. To reduce semi-auto pistol deaths I’d have universal background checks and mandatory reporting on mental health.

I'll give him a pass on the "more carnage" bit, because he probably heard that a separate pistol grip (or forward pistol grip) helps to control full-semi-automatic full-auto fire.

As for "more powerful," I guess he also thinks setting the sights to 300 yards makes it more powerful.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 05:07:18 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 05:25:47 PM »