Author Topic: TDS is a Real "Disease"?  (Read 934 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
TDS is a Real "Disease"?
« on: July 29, 2018, 09:17:52 AM »
I always thought TDS is just something we say to make fun of snowflakes. Apparently therapists have recorded it as an "official" disorder. "Trump Anxiety Disorder". How some of these people step out their front door without having a nervous breakdown, I will never know.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/07/28/easy-fix-patients-claiming-trump-anxiety-disorder-are-spending-excessive-time-on-social-media/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: TDS is a Real "Disease"?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 09:24:37 AM »
If it is going into DSM please use the correct name. Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder Spectrum. TARDS.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 11:00:16 AM »
Comment:

Wimps. We survived 8 years of Obama. We just upped our alcohol intake a little.

QFT
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 12:10:34 PM »
And now they will be getting disability for it...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 07:06:12 PM »
People are deranged over many things.  There should be a DDS.   Derangement Derangement Syndrome. [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 07:17:30 PM »
Derangement Derangement Syndrome.

This concept makes me so unreasonably angry.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 12:12:16 AM »
2004 all over again:

Psychologists blast Rush Limbaugh for mocking traumatized Kerry voters Post Election Selection Trauma is a real problem, Florida clinicians say

Though I doubt they were still whining about it in 2006. How embarrassing.

So is this sort of thing only a serious, diagnosable condition when it happens to Democrats, or is it a serious, diagnosable condition that only happens to snowflakes, so Republicans are immune?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 08:52:14 AM »
So is this sort of thing only a serious, diagnosable condition when it happens to Democrats, or is it a serious, diagnosable condition that only happens to snowflakes, so Republicans are immune?

I've been politically aware since Carter. My one data point of anecdotal evidence says this only happened during Reagan, Bush, and Trump. I guess that still doesn't answer your question though.  :laugh:

I have wondered if the Reagan years would have actually been worse than the Trump years, had there been social media at the time. Back then, it was mostly just what you read in your local newspaper and what you saw in around an hour of evening news. CNN and the 24/7 cycle was brand new at the time with relatively few viewers (at least compared to today's numbers).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:48:10 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
And now they will be getting disability for it...

Its not like any of them were working to begin with...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 10:44:09 AM »
I've been politically aware since Carter. My one data point of anecdotal evidence says this only happened during Reagan, Bush, and Trump. I guess that still doesn't answer your question though.  :laugh:

I have wondered if the Reagan years would have actually been worse than the Trump years, had their been social media at the time. Back then, it was mostly just what you read in your local newspaper and what you saw in around an hour of evening news. CNN and the 24/7 cycle was brand new at the time with relatively few viewers (at least compared to today's numbers).

I remember Reagan.  The Reagan derangement was bad,  but nowhere near what Trump Derangement is.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero