Author Topic: Underwear "etiquette"?  (Read 19194 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Underwear "etiquette"?
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
Summer: A-shirt & boxer briefs.....
Winter (such as it is): T-shirt & boxer briefs.....

I like the undershirts b/c it lets me wear my outer shirts (usu. henleys or polos) untucked (great for CCW)...

If it gets really cold, I wear pants...... Wink

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

member1313

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 01:54:51 PM »
So wait, an undershirt is good for CCW because it keeps sweat off of your weapon? Or is there something else to it?

And why do people wear a-shirts? I thought the point of an undershirt was to keep sweat off of your outer shirt? A-shirts don't cover your 'pits. Tongue

(Again, I can't carry yet [I'm not 21 for a few more months] so that's why I'm a little confused.)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »
Having some fabric between your skin and the gun makes it more comfortable to carry.

1982fxr

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 03:58:32 PM »
Underwear prevents skidmarks visible from the outside.  An extra layer of protection, as it were...

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 04:03:05 PM »
oh, and those (expletive deleted) with saggy pants around their knees and their underwear
showing look like clowns, why do they think they are somehow menacing?

They don't just look like clowns... they are clowns.

Tell ya'll what else I hate seeing... girls in their late teens to about 25 years old walking around in low rise jeans (or other pants), and half the time the jeans don't fit 'em- their waist is wider than the jeans, and they have their thong showing. Sometimes they're wearing medium rise jeans and the thong doesn't show till they sit down, but then it's just as bad. And half the time they have the attitude going like "in your face". Do they think they're being sexy or something? They're really not.

member1313

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »
I agree with that. I don't find it to be sexy at all. Actually, it pisses me off, because if any given girl that does that was my girlfriend, I wouldn't be happy about it. Odd way of looking at it, but still. Tongue

Underwear is supposed to be...under the other clothing you're wearing.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »
girls in their late teens to about 25 years old walking around in low rise jeans (or other pants), and half the time the jeans don't fit 'em- their waist is wider than the jeans, and they have their thong showing.
Try a 40 something woman spotted at parents night at the local HS.  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

member1313

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
I have no problem with thongs, but it shouldn't be showing.

BridgeWalker

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 06:35:21 PM »
So, there I was, hitting the refresh button on THR, realizing that I really oughta be studying, but decided, eh, why not, may as well check out this APS thing sometime, and now's as good as any.

Quite serendipitous that I got around to it on underwear night. cheesy

Ftr, none when feasible, long johns in the winter.  Your average not-too-skanky or uncomfortable girly things the rest of the time.  laugh

Or was this question mostly for the guys....?   

grampster

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 06:59:20 PM »
 grin grin grin  Welcome delta 9.

We were just thinging our thongs tonight. angel

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

member1313

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 07:14:01 PM »
Now I feel bad.

Delta's first visit here is met with a bunch of guys talking about underwear.

Hi Delta. Welcome. angel

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
Now I feel bad.

Dude, whatever it takes to bring 'em in.   cheesy

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 08:09:43 PM »
Mr. Happy hitting a cold zipper is nothing compared to going camping, going commando, squatting in front of the fire for awhile, then standing up.

That will make you dance.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BridgeWalker

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 08:30:23 PM »
Dude, whatever it takes to bring 'em in.

I was actually instantly reminded of a way too long-lived thread on a women's parenting board about men and long johns and whether or not it is necessary to wear, um, supplemental underwear under the long johns.  The general concensus on that thread was that my husband and I are both barbarians.  I draw the line at multiple sets, if for no other reasons than I'm not *that* fond of doing laundry.  cheesy

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 11:33:17 PM »
a bunch of guys talking about underwear.

Well, we are an exciting bunch of guys here discussing matters of extreme importance!

Rob, yeah, I wear A shirts, T shirts underneath slightly larger T shirts to aid in concealment
Also wear a lot of black too, for the same reason.

It's another reason I open carry when I can in hot weather, so I can show off my expensive
belt and hosters and not feel like such the slob.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 01:11:53 AM »
Now I feel bad.

Hi Delta. Welcome. angel

I don't feel bad at all. If Delta wants to hang around a bunch of guys in their underwear, it's her choice. More power to her.

Ftr, none when feasible, long johns in the winter.  Your average not-too-skanky or uncomfortable girly things the rest of the time.  laugh

Or was this question mostly for the guys....?   

Really? I could understand that with pants, but doesn't that get kinda drafty with a skirt? Or are you Scottish?  cool

Welcome to the show, Delta....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BridgeWalker

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2007, 05:51:03 AM »
but doesn't that get kinda drafty with a skirt?

A draft is desirable when it is really hot out.

My husband wears the kilts in the family. Smiley

member1313

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 06:02:35 AM »
I think she's just trying to get us all excited. It's a trap! Smiley

And what's the purpose of an a-shirt?

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2007, 06:35:12 AM »
I think she's just trying to get us all excited. It's a trap! Smiley

And what's the purpose of an a-shirt?

For me, the purpose of an A-shirt is to have an undershirt that will let me wear my outer shirt untucked,  provide a layer of protection b/t my skin & anything I wear tucked in my waistband (usu. a folding knife), but be a lot cooler (temperature-wise) than a T-shirt. It also keeps my overly-ample belly from showing if my shirt rides up too high (and trust me, you WANT my overly-ample belly covered)......  shocked

BridgeWalker

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2007, 07:20:04 AM »
I think she's just trying to get us all excited. It's a trap

Nah, I'm way too boring to do something like that.  I'm just mildly amused that this was the most active conversation going on the first time I wandered over here.  Too funny to let it slide.   cool

I'm picking up valuable tips.  My husband is kinda' geeky (in that loveable way) and tends to wear old gaming t-shirts as undershirts.  I had no idea this was not typical.  I may acquire some undershirts and stick them in his drawer. 

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2007, 07:26:03 AM »
if you live in one of the hot and humid states or do any kind of physical labor on a regular basis, let me just recommend Under Armour 'boxerjocks' - expensive but worth it
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

member1313

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2007, 07:28:40 AM »
haha Smiley

The lighter weight t-shirts (read: three- or five-packs of white t-shirts in the underwear section of a store) are meant to be worn under the top layer.

I get why a-shirts are good, now. Thanks. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't really catch sweat as well, which seems to be the biggest reason for wearing one in the first place.

To each their own. Tongue

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2007, 09:01:27 AM »
Why do they call them T shirts?  What is that mystical T anyway? 

I believe the "T" refers to torso
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2007, 09:02:12 AM »
What the heck is an "A" shirt?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2007, 09:08:41 AM »
I think it's a slightly dressier wife-beater.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."