Author Topic: Muslim Man Kills Daughter For Not Wearing Hijab (Canada)  (Read 16620 times)

Len Budney

Re: Muslim Man Kills Daughter For Not Wearing Hijab (Canada)
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
Being a Christian, I'd love to see Muslims everywhere convert to Christianity.

They can't. Because the extremists that are spreading everywhere will declare them apostates, and kill them.

They can't anyway, because when folks of your ilk are finished with them, there won't be any left to convert.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2007, 10:16:58 AM »
It is a matter of priorities. Self-preservation ranks very high. Preservation of hostiles ranks very low. When hostiles can cause serious damage to our side, it is rational to choose a solution which satisfies the higher priority. Genocide can be such a solution. If they were not hostiles, the math would work differently.

It is a priority, which means worrying about a particular religion, when it is in fact a tribal culture and worldview that is the actual enemy, is misplacing our priorities.

If you spend all your time watching out for "Muslim extremists" without differentiating between civilized people and tribal screwheads, one of the tribal screwheads who doesn't fit your pre-concieved notions of who the enemy is is going to bash your head in with a rock.

By demonstrating a lack of knowledge of the honor cultures we really have to worry about, as opposed to blanket condemnations of particular cross-cultural religions, it's you who are losing credibility.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2007, 10:20:42 AM »
By demonstrating a lack of knowledge of the honor cultures we really have to worry about, as opposed to blanket condemnations of particular cross-cultural religions, it's you who are losing credibility.

QFT.

Chris

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »
Your religion is crap.

From my point of view as an atheist, all religions are crap.  They've all been at the root of more problems than they ever solved.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »
Perhaps it's not so much the various religions that cause the despicable acts that we see and hear about.  (While where at it, the atheists, agnostics, et al are not off the hook either.  Communism and it's various atheistic statists have their own track record.)

Perhaps rather it is the various and sundry selfish acts of groups of human beings who twist and turn and distort a particular creed to further their own bloodthirsty lust for riches and power that is the core of problem.

Tribalism is not civilized in the modern sense.  Civilized cultures have progressed beyond most of that culture.  But even then individuals and groups within civilized societies are capable of brutality and horror.  We don't need to look too hard to find examples.  I have railed against Tribalism, feudalism and with regard to Islam, specifically Wahabbists because Wahabbists seem to hate everyone, including other Muslims.  So, in a way, I recognize I am the pot calling the kettle black.  But at least I know better.

This propensity to declare my religion is better than your religion, or my non religion is superior to your religion because I don't believe in myths, or a pantheon of comparisons will not end anything.

I'm a Christian and I need to live up to my beliefs.  I can't live up to yours for you.  Nor should I single you out except when you have broken a law that we have agreed to abide by.   In living up to the standards that I hold deeply, perhaps others will be curious and find their way as a result.  It is up to individuals to control their own behavior within the parameters of what is stamped upon their heart or intellect.  All we can do in the end is be responsible for our own behavior.  It is pointless to mock the beliefs of others, even though it is difficult to not mock in the face of a despicable act.  But.....

At the same time, when a line gets crossed, then blood cries out for us to collectively speak for the slain or butchered, we can act collectively to seek justice.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »
Lots of heat, little light.

It's almost a given that when a thread involving religion shows up here, hostilities will ensue.

For those with a predilection to do so, continually stirring the pot of poop doesn't make it smell any better. 

This one's done.   undecided

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"